Actions Taken in Response to 2004 Survey
We value your survey responses. Each year your judgments
help guide our plans and activities. Projects undertaken in response to the 2004
Telecommunications and Networking
- Projection equipment and an instructor9s lectern with a Dell PC and wireless controls were installed in Savannah Auditorium to allow for student video screenings with 7.1 surround sound capabilities and occasional presentations.
- Multimedia presentation equipment including SP controls with CatLink was installed in three classrooms in the new Medical Education Building.
- The Polycom equipment has been updated in one of our conference rooms and DVD duplication has been added to our video services.
Systems Administration and server support
- Installed a new computer based Language Lab with 24 seats.
- Implemented a wireless network that now covers the major open areas of the campus where students congregate such as the library Cyber Cafi area, and the student lounges in our Student Activities Center, as well as the open areas outside.
- Replaced a low speed DSL line at remote Portage site with a T1 line. The new T1 line allows the Portage site to participate fully on the IUN network.
- Oversaw the network cable retrofit for Hawthorn first floor which encompasses most Enrollment Services offices.
- Installed a new server to handle printing services for Student Technology Centers.
- Initiated automatic pushing of Windows security patches for key faculty, staff, and Student Technology Center PCs.
- Began planning for enhanced security desktop program which will provide a higher level of PC security for campus PCs.
- Designed and installed a new Graphics Lab with 24 workstations
- Installed a mini STC in Library Reference area
- Installed new Language Lab with 24 PC seats
- Replaced approximately 200 LCF PCs for faculty and staff
- Replaced all printers in STC's & classrooms with new HP 9000 or HP 4350 printers