Actions Taken in Response to 2005 Survey
We value your survey responses. Each year your judgments
help guide our plans and activities. Projects undertaken in response to
the 2005 survey include:
- Printing and Duplicating can now take electronic file formats, such as PDF.
- Wireless access is now available from every building on campus.
- The Helpdesk phone is now answered 24/7.
- IT Media Services implemented RoomView for faster classroom tech support responses.
- The default setting for student printing is now one-sided instead of duplex.
- IT reorganized with a new focus on user support to provide students, faculty and staff with outstanding customer service.
- IT Support Services now provides additional Mac support, and all of the Adobe CS programs are available on the Mac computers in the art studios in
Knobview Hall. Adobe CS will soon be installed on the Mac computers in Knobview’s mezzanine.
- In response to user feedback, improvements were made to some classroom installations, such as an improved white board in CV107.
- Swipe-and-go copying has replaced long copier codes for faculty and staff; and students can now use their ID card to make copies in the student
- Reduced the length of the IT User Survey.