Actions Taken in Response to 2006 Survey
We value your survey responses. Each year your judgments help guide our plans and activities. Projects undertaken in response to
the 2006 survey include:
- New web-based applications: e.g., Placement Testing, Cabinet minutes, IR Census reporting, Schedule of Classes, et al.
- Installed new kiosk station in Hawthorn lobby for student use in support of campus Enrollment Services
- Undertook Enhanced Security Desktop and Secure Data Storage initiatives to provide better protection of university data
- Arranged and hosted SES led IUIE training on NW campus two times a year
- Multi-media classroom web based instructions put on both the Instructional Media website and on Event Scheduler main menu.
- Instructional Media is working on implementing an on-line AV scheduler.
- Helped to conduct faculty/staff survey of Technology Classroom usage and needs
- Upgraded video teleconferencing equipment to flat panel monitors and new polycom unit
- Migrated video conferencing scheduling to Exchange calendars
Student Technology Centers
- Deployed new PCs, Macintoshes, scanning equipment, and color printer
- Deployed Vista and Office 2007, updated all site licensed software to latest versions
- Reduced STC Consultant staff turnover through improved compensation and training
- Implemented lighting and air conditioning improvements to make primary campus STC more comfortable and conducive to work
Telecommunications & Data Network
- Oversaw project to complete voice and data wiring for Raintree classrooms
- Extended wireless access units to provide coverage in Tamarack and enhanced coverage in Library Conference Center Administrative suite
- Extensive support for I-light (anticipated deployment spring 2008)
- Web Services added a full-time employee for onsite support of websites.
- Added ‘Find People’ to the search area on all IU Northwest departmental pages.
- Web-based Satisfaction Surveys more prominent. Some departments that are using them: Enrollment Services, Environmental Health & Safety, Physical Plant, Nursing, ERIS.
- Created for each Professor ‘My Schedule of Classes’ shown in the ‘Find People’ employee web pages detailing their Schedule of Classes and links to IU Northwest On-line Bulletin.
- Added a calendar time for Event Scheduler room reservations.
- Training equipment upgraded to enable use of Vista, Office 2007 and Adobe CS3 software.
- Developed training materials for Enhanced Desktop Security program and assisted participants prepare their data for transfer.
- Switched all workshops to new Office 2007 and Adobe CS3 versions to match software used by students in classrooms and STCs.