Actions Taken in Response to 2010 Survey
- Implemented University wide UniCom project design and preparation (Lync 2010) which will provide the campus with a modern phone system with integrated voice, data and video, and caller ID for all.
- Completed Classroom Technology room upgrade project. Over 65 classrooms now have up to date instructional and presentation equipment.
- Installed and set up a variety of equipment in HH329, the campus “New Technology Classroom”
- Added video conferencing capabilities to all life cycle computers.
- Expanded student computing facilities in the Information Commons. Added additional student kiosks and upgraded student PCs to Windows 7.
- Implemented print management for student printing, saving the student technology fund over $25,000 in printing costs per year, while upgrading and expanding student print capabilities to include color and duplex printing.
- Migrated the campus website into the university’s web content management system which allows the end user to easily maintain the content of their website. Updated the campus home page with a new, modern home page.
- Expanded IT communications efforts, to include a periodic IT News Note, digital signage and ePosters in an effort to keep faculty, staff and students better informed of IT services.