- Professor Shaul Magid on the future of Judaism in America on Judaism Unbound Podcast
- Professor Sonia Velazquez studies stories of beauty to celebrate the humanities
- Professor Constance Furey's article in the Immanent Frame, "Calvin’s questions: A response to Jonathan Sheehan"
- Winnifred Sullivan considers teaching religion in The Immanent Frame "Teaching religion: Refusing the Schempp myth of origins"
- Professor Cooper Harris reflects on Muhammad Ali "Taking Exception: How Muhammad Ali Transformed American Religion"
- Professor Candy Brown appeared in the National Geographic Channel's The Story of God
- Professor Patrick Michelson is awarded IU Trustees Teaching Award
- Professor Richard Nance speaks about the growth of Buddhism In U.S.
- Professor Winnifred Sullivan discusses how role of chaplains in the US developed alongside thoughts on the First Amendment.
- Professor Sonia Velázquez presented at "Happy in the Life to come": 400 Years of Cervantine Afterlives
- Listen to Professor Heather Blair talk about her book Real and Imagined
- Professor Cooper Harris is interviewed on WFHB about Zora Neale Hurston
The Consortium for the Study of Religion, Ethics, and Society(CSRES)
For more information about events, sign up for our weekly e-newsletter.
- Sign up NOW for Spring 2017 Classes!
- Help support continued excellence in our department
December 5, 6pmURSA Discussion with Professor Schott
Sycamore Hall 137
Call For Papers
- Religious Studies Undergraduate Student Symposium
Abstracts due December 12, 2016
Call For PapersReligious Studies Graduate Student Conference
Presence and Absence
Abstracts due December 31, 2016
- Jacob Boss reflects on bringing Jane Ward to campus
- Congratulations to our own Sarah Biggs for being elected to Phi Beta Kappa!
Submissions being accepted for the new Undergraduate journal Invocations
All are welcome
- Graduate student Rowena Galavitz has a blog covering Renaissance Perspectives. Check it out!
- Recent grad Annie Brackemyre reflects on her time studying HIV/AIDS in Uganda
- Undergrad John Holt seranades at Student Recognition Day
- The Department of Religious Studies turns 50!
Ralph Ellison’s Invisible Theology
Cooper Harriss, NYU Press, 2016
edited by Candy Gunther Brown and Mark Silk, Columbia University Press, 2016
Politics of Religious Freedom
Winnifred Sullivan, University of Chicago Press, 2015
Jeremy Schott, Liverpool University Press, 2015