- April 18, 5:30pm
“Religion, Science, and Maternity in Early America"
Hoagy Carmichael Room,
- April 21-22, 2017
13th Annual Midwest Conference on Chinese Thought
April 21, 6:30 GISB Auditorium
“A Philosophy of Funerals”
- Professor Winnifred Sullivan is awarded the AAR Martin E. Marty Award for the Public Understanding of Religion
- Professors Constance Furey, Shaul Magid, and Winnifred Sullivan take a look at Theologies of American exceptionalism in The Immanent Frame
- Professor Lisa Sideris wins prestigious grant for" "Being Human in the Age of Humans: Perspectives From Religion and Ethics"
- Professor Winnifred Sullivan considers Trump and the Johnson Amendment
- Professor Emeritus Stephen Stein comments on the death of one of the last Shakers in the NYT
- Professor Sarah Imhoff wins Wasserman Prize Honorable Mention
- Professor Shaul Magid on the future of Judaism in America on Judaism Unbound Podcast
- Professor Sonia Velazquez studies stories of beauty to celebrate the humanities
- Professor Constance Furey's article in the Immanent Frame, "Calvin’s questions: A response to Jonathan Sheehan"
The Consortium for the Study of Religion, Ethics, and Society(CSRES)
For more information about events, sign up for our weekly e-newsletter.
- Help support continued excellence in our department
- The 2017 Graduate Student Conference was a great success! find out more at #PresenceAbsenceConf
- Sarah Kissel has been awarded a Kate Hevner Mueller Outstanding Senior Award
- Our 2017 Stein Fellowship winners
- Congratulations to Sarah Kissel for winning this year's Honor Thesis Prospectus Prize!
- Congratulations to David Maldonado on his appointment as Assistant Professor at Kenyon College!
- Andrew Monteith & alum Will Smith are in the current issue of JAAR (Journal of the American Academy of Religion)
- Indiana University Intercollegiate Ethics Bowl is going to nationals!
- PhD student Nicolò Sassi is published in Greek, Roman, and Byzantine Studies
- Jacob Boss reflects on bringing Jane Ward to campus
- Congratulations to our own Sarah Biggs for being elected to Phi Beta Kappa!
Submissions being accepted for the new Undergraduate journal Invocations
All are welcome
- Graduate student Rowena Galavitz has a blog covering Renaissance Perspectives. Check it out!
Ralph Ellison’s Invisible Theology
Cooper Harriss, NYU Press, 2017
Masculinity and the Making of American Judaism
Sarah Imhoff, Indiana University Press, 2017
Constance Furey, University of Chicago Press, 2017
edited by Candy Gunther Brown and Mark Silk, Columbia University Press, 2016