- Join us Oct 6 for
Bring Out Your Dead!
Dancing on the Graves of Shakespeare & Cervantes
Renaissance dinner and performances
- Professor Constance Furey's article in the Immanent Frame, "Calvin’s questions: A response to Jonathan Sheehan"
- Winnifred Sullivan considers teaching religion in The Immanent Frame "Teaching religion: Refusing the Schempp myth of origins"
- Professor Cooper Harris reflects on Muhammad Ali "Taking Exception: How Muhammad Ali Transformed American Religion"
- Professor Candy Brown appeared in the National Geographic Channel's The Story of God
- Professor Patrick Michelson is awarded IU Trustees Teaching Award
- Professor Richard Nance speaks about the growth of Buddhism In U.S.
- Professor Winnifred Sullivan discusses how role of chaplains in the US developed alongside thoughts on the First Amendment.
- Professor Cooper Harriss selected as a Young Scholar in American Religion
- Professor Sonia Velázquez presented at "Happy in the Life to come": 400 Years of Cervantine Afterlives
- Professor Candy Brown named President-Elect of the American Society of Church History
- Professor Winnifred Sullivan wins grant by Luce Foundation to study "The Politics of Religion At Home and Abroad"
- Professor Sarah Imhoff awarded New Frontiers Grant
- Professor Jason Mokhtarian finalist for 2015 Jewish Book Award
- Listen to Professor Heather Blair talk about her book Real and Imagined
- Professor Cooper Harris is interviewed on WFHB about Zora Neale Hurston
- Professor Lisa Sideris featured in special issue of The Journal for the Study of Religion, Nature and Culture
The Consortium for the Study of Religion, Ethics, and Society(CSRES)
For more information about events, sign up for our weekly e-newsletter.
- Help support continued excellence in our department
- Mary Jo Weaver Undergraduate Scholarship
5pm Friday, October 14
- Congratulations to Christina Libby on her successful defense of her dissertation "Mystic Assemblages and the Translation of Affect"
- Graduate student Rowena Galavitz has a blog covering Renaissance Perspectives. Check it out!
- Recent grad Annie Brackemyre reflects on her time studying HIV/AIDS in Uganda
- Undergrad John Holt seranades at Student Recognition Day
- Congratulations to Abby Kulisz, who won Outstanding Graduate Student Essay Prize at NAPS, for her paper "Identity and Ambiguity in Christian-Muslim Exchanges on the Trinity."
- Congratulations to our very own Daniel Marsh for being elected to Phi Beta Kappa this year!
Submissions being accepted for the new Undergraduate journal Invocations
All are welcome
- The Department of Religious Studies turns 50!
edited by Candy Gunther Brown and Mark Silk, Columbia University Press, 2016
Politics of Religious Freedom
Winnifred Sullivan, University of Chicago Press, 2015
Jeremy Schott, Liverpool University Press, 2015
Finalist, National Jewish Book AwardRabbis, Sorcerers, Kings, and Priests Jason Mokhtarian, University of California Press, forthcoming July 2015