- March 24, 2:00pm
Dr. Winnifred Sullivan
“Teaching Religion in Public”
Hoagy Carmichael Room, Morrison Hall
- Professors Constance Furey and Winnifred Sullivan take a look at Theologies of American exceptionalism in The Immanent Frame
- Professor Lisa Sideris wins prestigious grant for" "Being Human in the Age of Humans: Perspectives From Religion and Ethics"
- Professor Winnifred Sullivan considers Trump and the Johnson Amendment
- Professor Emeritus Stephen Stein comments on the death of one of the last Shakers in the NYT
- Professor Sarah Imhoff wins Wasserman Prize Honorable Mention
- Professor Shaul Magid on the future of Judaism in America on Judaism Unbound Podcast
- Professor Sonia Velazquez studies stories of beauty to celebrate the humanities
- Professor Constance Furey's article in the Immanent Frame, "Calvin’s questions: A response to Jonathan Sheehan"
- Winnifred Sullivan considers teaching religion in The Immanent Frame "Teaching religion: Refusing the Schempp myth of origins"
- Professor Cooper Harris reflects on Muhammad Ali "Taking Exception: How Muhammad Ali Transformed American Religion"
- Professor Candy Brown appeared in the National Geographic Channel's The Story of God
- Professor Patrick Michelson is awarded IU Trustees Teaching Award
- Professor Richard Nance speaks about the growth of Buddhism In U.S.
- Listen to Professor Heather Blair talk about her book Real and Imagined
- Professor Cooper Harris is interviewed on WFHB about Zora Neale Hurston
The Consortium for the Study of Religion, Ethics, and Society(CSRES)
For more information about events, sign up for our weekly e-newsletter.
- Help support continued excellence in our department
- URSA Discussion Night
March 1, 6:00
Sycamore Hall 105
Sectarian Conflict in the Middle East with Prof. Ibrahim
- Congratulations to Sarah Kissel for winning this year's Honor Thesis Prospectus Prize!
- Congratulations to David Maldonado on his appointment as Assistant Professor at Kenyon College!
- Religious Studies Undergraduate Student Symposium
Religious Studies Graduate Student Conference
Presence and Absence
- Andrew Monteith & alum Will Smith are in the current issue of JAAR (Journal of the American Academy of Religion)
- Indiana University Intercollegiate Ethics Bowl is going to nationals!
- PhD student Nicolò Sassi is published in Greek, Roman, and Byzantine Studies
- Jacob Boss reflects on bringing Jane Ward to campus
- Congratulations to our own Sarah Biggs for being elected to Phi Beta Kappa!
Submissions being accepted for the new Undergraduate journal Invocations
All are welcome
- Graduate student Rowena Galavitz has a blog covering Renaissance Perspectives. Check it out!
Masculinity and the Making of American Judaism
Sarah Imhoff, Indiana University Press, 2017
Constance Furey, University of Chicago Press, 2017
Ralph Ellison’s Invisible Theology
Cooper Harriss, NYU Press, 2016
edited by Candy Gunther Brown and Mark Silk, Columbia University Press, 2016