2011 Homcoming King and Queen Application
For the official application please click here.
1. Candidates must be full-time, undergraduate students enrolled on the Bloomington campus. Students must be of senior status with 86 completed credit hours, graduating by August 2012, and most presently be enrolled with a minimum of 12 credit hours.
2. Each senior must have an accumulated grade point average of 3.0 or above for courses completed at Indiana University.
3. Candidates will be judged on campus involvement, leadership qualities, scholarship, personality, and poise. The judges will score each anonymous application using a point system, which will be tallied by the homecoming committee. 10 semifinalists will be selected and each applicant will be notified on Friday, October 14th, 2011. The semifinalists will be interviewed on Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 at the HH Greg Conference Room in the South End Zone. The semifinalists will NOT find out who won the title of King/Queen until Monday, October 24, 2011 (the night of Nearly Naked Mile).
4. The court will consist of 5 males and 5 females. The court will reign over the events of Homecoming week with the King & Queen being announced at the Nearly Naked Mile on Monday, October 24, 2011. All finalists will be expected to attend the parade, pep rally, and Homecoming game day festivities.
5. All semifinalists will be required to attend the breakfast before the game on Saturday, October 29, 2011 at the Hoosier Village to be recognized. You will be provided with 2 tickets, one for yourself, and one ticket for a guest.
6. Completed applications will be due by Friday, October 7th, 2011. Late applications will not be accepted. Applications must be submitted to the Dean of Students Office in Room M-008 of the IMU or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. It is suggested that you download a copy of this application from the Homecoming website and submit a typed copy. You should also keep this page for your own records. Please submit only the following three pages.