The host hotel for this year’s conference is The Wilshire Grand Los Angeles. The Wilshire Grand is surrounded by a wide range of restaurants that represent the diversity of cuisine that makes L.A. unique. Directly across from the hotel you will also find retail stores, boutiques, and major department stores such as Macy’s.
Within walking distance of the hotel is the theatre district, which includes the Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Mark Taper Theatre, the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, and many other venues. Other places of interest that are close to the hotel include the popular Garment District, the Jewelry District, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, Union Station and USC.
Hotel Contact Information:
Wilshire Grand Los Angeles
930 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA, USA 90017
Tel: (213) 688-7777
Fax: (213) 612-3989
Reservations: (888) 773-2888
Room Reservation Information:
$169 per night plus tax* (single or double occupancy**)
Standard size room with two double beds or one king size bed. Includes free WIFI Internet.
Special Student Rates
Triple occupancy rooms - $210 ($70.00/person/night) plus tax
Quad occupancy rooms - $235 ($58.75/person/night)plus tax
Junior Suites offer spacious accommodations (450 sq. ft. – double the size of a regular guest room) with two double beds, and most have two baths! Sitting area includes sofa, two chairs and coffee table. Amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, work desk, remote control TV with LodgeNet movies on demand, multiline phones, AM/FM alarm clock radio, iron and board, makeup mirror, hair dryer and custom climate control.
*Current taxes are 14% Occupancy tax and .065% State of California Tourism Assessment
To make your housing reservation please contact the hotel directly. You may make your reservation by telephoning or online.
- If you wish to make your reservation online, please complete in the Reservations box the dates of your arrival and departure, and the number of persons in your party followed by “clicking” Book Now. On the following screen, in the box next to Group Code, enter Ethnomusic10 (case sensitive). This code will direct your reservation to the conference’s room block and special conference rate.
- If you are telephoning, please indicate that you are with the Society for Ethnomusicology to receive the group rate.Reservations must be guaranteed with first night’s deposit to a credit card.
- Reservations must be cancelled 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid loss of first night’s room and tax charges.
- Check-in time is 3:00pm PMT and check-out is 12:00pm PMT
- The deadline to make reservations at the Wilshire Grand, Los Angeles is Monday, October 18, 2010. Reservations made after this date will be reserved only on a space available basis.