The venue for the SEM 2016 Annual Meeting is the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C. Located in one of the District’s premier residential neighborhoods, this elegant urban retreat boasts a variety of amenities and is situated on 11 lush acres. There is a 4-minute walk to the Metro and a 10-minute walk to the National Zoo.
Hotel Contact Information:
Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington D.C.
2500 Calvert Street, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Room Reservation Information:
$195 per night plus tax* (single or double occupancy)
Special Student Rates:
Triple occupancy rooms - $215 ($71.66/person/night) plus tax*
Quad occupancy rooms - $235 ($58.75/person/night)plus tax*
*Current taxes are 14.5%
Rates include complimentary internet access in sleeping rooms
To make your housing reservation, please contact the hotel directly. You may make your reservation by telephoning or online. Rates quoted above are available three days prior to, and three days subsequent to meeting, based on availability.
Online Room Reservation
Online room reservation click here.
Telephone Room Reservation:
- If you are telephoning, please indicate that you are with the Society for Ethnomusicology
- Reservations must be guaranteed with first night’s deposit to a credit card.
- Credit cards will not be charged at time of reservation.
- Reservations must be cancelled 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid loss of first night’s room and tax charges.
- Check-in time is 3:00 pm and check-out is 12:00 noon
- The deadline to make reservations at the Omni Shoreham is 5:00 pm EST, Monday, October 10, 2016. Reservations made after this date will be reserved only on a space available basis.
White House Nannies
This list of childcare providers is for informational purposes only. Neither The Society for Ethnomusicology nor the Omni Shoreham Washington Hotel endorses these providers and is not liable for any service that they provide.