- Professor Skrabalak is selected for a 2013 Early Career Research Award by the DOE for work on architecturally-controlled bimetallic nanostructures for use as catalysts!
- Professor Skrabalak is selected as a Dean's Fellow
- Graduate students Amanda Mann's manuscript on the aerosol-assisted synthesis of shape-controlled nanocrytals is accepted in Chemistry of Materials. Thanks Jie and Chris for helping with the revisions!
- Professor Skrabalak travels to ACS NOLA to celebrate Younan Xia's selection as the Chemistry of Materials Awardee
- Graduate student Nancy Ortiz presents in the ACS GREET Symposium at ACS NOLA and undergraduate Andjela Radmilovic presents a poster on the local ACS student section's activities
- Graduate student Nancy Ortiz is selected for the 2013 Distinguished Graduate Student Award sponsored by the Latino Faculty and Staff Council. This award is given to inviduduals whose efforts have contributed to a positive campus environment in tandem with helping support retention of Latinos at Indiana University. Congrats!
- Congrats to undergraduate Andjela Radmilovic who will receive the Raymond Siedle Scholarship to support her summer research
- Congrats to undergraduate Matthew Bower who is the recipient of the Lee J. Todd Chemistry Memorial Scholarship
- Congrats to graduate student Nancy Ortiz who was selected as a recipient for a Dissertation Year Research Fellowship by the College of Arts and Science for 2013-2014
- Professor Skrabalak is named in the NYTimes as a 2013 Sloan Research Fellow
- Graduate student Nancy Ortiz also receives a Provost Travel Award for Women in Science; these funds will allow her to attend a class on data analysis at Argonne National Laboratory's APS
- Professor Skrabalak visits midwestern universities to give departmental seminars, including a visit back to her alma mater, UIUC - it was great to visit with everybody again!
- Graduate student Rebecca Weiner and Professor Skrabalak receive Provost Travel Awards for Women in Science and will use these funds to attend the 2013 Fall and Spring ACS Conferences, respectively
- Professor Skrabalak and graduate student Chris DeSantis are voted Queen and King of the Inorganic Area's Mardi Gras Party
- Professor Skrabalak and graduate student Nancy Ortiz conduct their first experiments at the APS, Argonne
- Professor Skrabalak is selected as a 2013 Sloan Research Fellow!
- Post Doc Nate Motl and former graduate student Amanda Mann's Feature Article on Aerosol-Assisted Syntheses is accepted in Journal of Materials Chemistry A's special issue Rising Stars, Young Nanoarchitects in Material Science. Congrats
- The Skrablab welcomes visiting undergraduate researcher Mariana B. T. Cardoso from the University of Sao Paulo!"
- Professor Skrabalak gives five departmental seminars at various universities - including a visit to Georgia Tech, home of her postodoctoral mentor Younan Xia
- Graduate student Amanda Peterson Mann's collaborative paper with the Novotny Laboratory is accepted in Analytical Chemistry!
- Chris DeSantis's manuscript on the role of seed shape on the synthesis of symmetrically branched nanocrystals is accepted in JACS!
- Indiana University's OVPR sponsors "Synthesis and Optical Studies of Self-assembling Stellated Nanocrystals", a collaborative proposal with the Dragnea Laboratory
- Our beam time proposal at the Advanced Photon Source at Argonne National Laboratory is accepted!
- Congrats to undergraduates Adam Richter and Matthew Bower on their selection to Phi Beta Kappa!
- Gradaute student Amanda Peterson Mann successfully defends her PhD thesis research! Congrats!
- Professor Skrabalak also speaks at the University of Auckland as part of the ACS GREET program
- Professor Skrabalak travels to New Zealand for 2 weeks as part of the ACS GREET program to visit graduate stduent Nancy Ortiz and Victoria University Professor Richard Tilley.
- Congrats to graduate student Moitree Laskar on completion of her qualifying examination!
- Visiting undergraduate Haoming Liu (aka Leo) presents on his summer research at the Tsinghua Visiting Student Closing Ceremony
- Undergraduate researcher Aaron Sue leaves the Skrablab to begin graduate studies at Northwestern University
- Indiana CTSI sponsors Phase 2 for the "Commercial Scale Synthesis of High Surface Area Macroporous Silica for Bioanalytical Chromotography: Phase II" through their Research Invention and Scientific Commercialization (RISC) Program
- Nancy Ortiz's manuscript on ligand-controlled nanoparticle formation is accepted in Angewandte Chemie!
- Professor Skrabalak co-organizes and moderates the special symposium "Advanced Metal Nanocrystals for Catalysis" for the Division of Inorganic Chemistry at the Fall National ACS Conference
- Graduate students Chris DeSantis, Nancy Ortiz, and Moitree Laskar attend and present at the Fall National ACS Conference in Philadelphia
- Amanda Mann and Susanne Wicker's manuscript on aerosol-assisted molten salt syntheses is accepted in Advanced Materials!
- Research Corporation for Science Advancement funds the Cottrell Scholar Collaborative Proposal "Mobilizing the Forgotten Army: Equipping TAs with Inquiry-Based Teaching Methods" for which Professor Skrabalak is a Senior Personnel
- Graduate student Becca Weiner receives an academic scholarship from Jewish Vocational Services
- Professor Skrabalak attends the Solid State Chemistry Gordon Research Conference
- Professor Skrabalak attends the Cottrell Scholars Conference sponspored by Research Corporation which is highlighted in the Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-m-gentile/leading-scholareducators-_b_1683028.html
- Professor Skrabalak presents, serves as a session chair, and receives a best poster award at the IUMRS International Conference for Young Researchers on Advanced Materials
- Professor Skrabalak visits the National University of Singapore to give a talk on nanomaterials
- Graduate student Chris DeSantis is selected to serve as the co-vice chair for the 2014 Noble Metal Nanoparticle GRS
- Professor Skrabalak and graduate student attend and present at the Noble Metal Nanoparticle GRC
- Congrats to graduate student Chris DeSantis who was selected as this year's recipient of the Chester Davis Fellowship in Inorganic Chemistry
- Congrats to graduate student Chris DeSantis who was selected as a ChemGRC Travel Grant Awardee
- Welcome graduate students Jie Fu and Alison Smith and post doc Nate Motl to the Skrablab!
- Indiana CTSI sponsors Phase 1 for the "Commercial Scale Synthesis of High Surface Area Macroporous Silica for Bioanalytical Chromotography" through their Research Invention and Scientific Commercialization (RISC) Program
- Professor Skrabalak and graduate student Nancy Ortiz are selected as a mentor-mentee pair for the ACS Global Research Experiences, Exchanges and Training (GREET) Program. This award will allow them to travel to New Zealand to conduct research in Professor Tilley's Laboratory
- Congrats to graduate student Nancy Ortiz who was selected to receive a Women in Chemistry Travel Award to attend the National ACS Conference this fall
- Professor Skrabalak is selected as a Cottrell Scholar by Research Corporation for Science Advancement!
- Amanda Mann and Ellen Steinmiller's manuscript is accepted in Dalton Transaction's New Talent's America's issue
- Graduate Student Nancy Ortiz travels to Korea as part of the IU-AGEP-SKKU Professional Development Workshop
- Professor Skrabalak receives a travel grant from the International Materials Institute for Solar Energy and Environment (IMI-SEE) to attend the IUMRS International Conference of Young Researchers on Advanced Materials in Singapore
- Chris DeSantis' invited manuscript is accepted to Langmuir's special issue on Colloidal Plasmonics!
- Graduate student Rebecca Weiner presents a poster in IU's Women in Science Annual Conference
- Congrats to Matt Bower who is the recipient of both an academic scholarship from the Department of Chemistry and a Summer Research Scholarship!
- An NIH-R01 entitled "Sensitive Methods for Glycoconjugate Analysis" is funded for which Professor Skrabalak is a co-investigator. Thank you PI Milos Novotny and graduate students Amanda Peterson Mann and Ben Mann for the great collaboration!
- Chris DeSantis, Aaron Sue, and Matthew Bower's manuscript is accepted in ACS Nano
- Lin Xu and Ellen Steinmiller's manuscript is accepted in Journal of Physical Chemistry C
- Congratulations to Chris DeSantis on completion of his 5th semester qualifying exam
- Skrablab member Aaron Sue presents a poster at the Annual Nanotechnology Symposium held at Sullivan University in Louisville, Kentucky
- Graduate student Nancy Ortiz presents a poster at the IU NOBCChe conference and receives 2nd place in the poster competition. Congrats!
- Professor Skrabalak is awarded an NSF MRI grant to purchase an X-ray Photoelectron Spectrometer for the Nanoscale Characterization Facility at Indiana University
- Professor Skrabalak and graduate student Amanda Peterson Mann present at the National ACS Conference in Denver
- Visiting undergraduate researcher Chen Ji completes his summer of research in the Skrablab
- Professor Skrabalak presents a poster at the Clusters, Nanoparticles, and Nanocrystals GRC
- Congrats to Amanda Peterson Mann who has been awarded the Chester Davis Inorganic Fellowship for the 2011-2012 academic year!
- Congrats to Amanda Peterson Mann on receiving a Travel Award from the Divsion of Inorganic Chemistry to attend the fall ACS conference
- Welcome graduate student Becca Weiner
- Welcome visiting undergraduate Chen Ji from Tsinghua University (China)
- Professor Skrabalak gives two talks at the ACS Colloids Conference in Montreal
- Congrats to Nancy Ortiz who was selected for a best poster prize at CERMACS - Colloids and Surfaces Division!
- Nancy Ortiz's manuscript is accepted in Crystal Growth & Design!
- Skrablab members Amanda Mann, Nancy Ortiz, Chris DeSantis, and Dr. Lin Xu present posters at CERMACS
- Professor Skrabalak gives an invited seminar at CERMACS
- Congrats to graduate student Amanda Peterson Mann on receiving a Women in Chemistry Travel Grant from Indiana University!
- Welcome graduate student Corinne Weinel!
- Welcome graduate student Bill Bowers!
- Undergraduate researcher Adam Richter visits his former high school to talk about his research as part of our Skrablab Energy Ambassadors Program.
- Professor Skrabalak talks to High School science teachers about skrablab research in the IU sponsored Molecules Matters Workshop.
- Welcome graduate student Craig Girten!
- Former skrablab post doc Ellen Steinmiller's chemical education book chapter "Introducing Global Climate Change and Renewable Energy with Media Sources and a Simple Demonstration" is accepted for publication in the ACS Book "Sustainability in the Chemistry Curriculum".
- Graduate student Chris DeSantis presents his research at the National MRS Conference in San Francisco CA
- Graduate student Nancy Ortiz presents her research at the National NoBCChe Conference in Houston TX
- Chris DeSantis' manuscript is accepted in Nano Letters.
- Congrats to undergraduate researcher Adam Richter on receiving a Grim Scholarship from the Department of Chemistry!
- Graduate student Nancy Ortiz presents her research at the National ACS Conference in Anaheim
- The Skrablab moves into bigger and better lab space!
- Graduate student Nancy Ortiz presents her research at the Regional SACNAS Conference
- Welcome undergraduate researcher Aaron Sue!
- Congrats to graduate stduent Nancy Ortiz for receiving both an Advancing Science and Coach Workshop Award to travel to the Annual NoBCChe Conference
- Amanda Mann's manuscript is accepted in Chemistry of Materials.
- Professor Skrabalak presents recent results at MRS Boston and Pacifichem!
- Congrats to graduate stduent Nancy Ortiz for receiving a ACS-WCC travel grant sponsored by Eli Lilly to present her results at the Spring 2011 Conference
- An NSF-CRIF proposal for a new powder diffractometer is funded for which Professor Skrabalak is a co-PI. Thank you Maren Pink for your hard work - our research is happier now!
- Congratulations to graduate student Kun Ha Park on completion of his Masters Degree in Chemistry.
- Congrats to graduate student Nancy Ortiz on completion of her PhD qualifying exam!
- Skrablab members Moitree Laskar, Nancy Ortiz, and Amanda Peterson attend PINDU, presenting two posters and a talk.
- Professor Skrabalak visits Washington University in St. Louis, speaking in an award symposium for her undergraduate adviser Professor Bill Buhro
- Lin Xu joins the Skrablab as a postdoctoral scholar. Welcome!
- Visiting Undergraduate Researcher Long Sun completes study abroad program in the Skrablab!
- Graduate student Moitree Laskar joins the Skrablab
- Welcome visiting student Long Sun from Tsinghua University!
- Congrats to Graduate Student Amanda Peterson who has been selected for the Siedle Inorganic Fellowship for the 2010-2011 academic year! The award is in recognition for excellence in research, coursework, teaching, and departmental service. Way to go!
- Adam Richter joins the Skrablab as an undergraduate researcher
- The Editor and Editorial Board of the Journal of Nanoengineering and Nanosystems designates the publication "Galvanic replacement reaction: a simple and powerful route to hollow and porous metal nanostructures" as the Best Paper published in the 2007. This manuscript was written by Professors Lu, Chen, Skrabalak, and Xia.
- Graduate students Amanda Peterson and Nancy Ortiz present posters at CERMACS
- Professor Skrabalak presents a poster at the Noble Metal Nanoparticle Gordon Conference
- Professor Skrabalak visits Wright State University to give a departmental seminar
- Chemistry students from Southwestern Jr./Sr. High School visit the Skrablab
- Susi Wicker completes her 1 year exchange in the Skrablab
- Skrablab member Ellen Steinmiller accepts a tenure-track faculty position at the University of Dallas! Congrats!
- Professor Skrabalak presents 2 talks at the Spring ACS meeting and chairs a session
- Graduate students Nancy Ortiz and Amanda Peterson present posters at the WISP Research Conference
- Professor Skrabalak visits Texas Tech University to give a departmental seminar
- Graduate students Chris DeSantis and Nancy Ortiz present a poster at the Heterogeneous Catalysis Workshop
- Professor Skrabalak speaks at the IU Heterogeneous Catalysis Workshop sponsored by the Nanoscience Center and organized by Professors Tait and Skrabalak
- Amanda Peterson's paper to Langmuir is accepted.
- Professor Skrabalak receives the NSF CAREER Award
- Skrablab member Ellen Steinmiller presents a poster at the Fall MRS meeting in Boston
- Skrablab members Ellen Steinmiller and Amanda Peterson present posters at PINDU
- Congrats to graduate student Amanda Peterson for passing her PhD qualifying exam!
- Graduate students Susi Wicker and Chris DeSantis join the Skrablab
- Professor Skrabalak presents at FACSS in Louisville
- Graduate student Amanda Peterson presents her poster on the synthesis of porous silica at the Fall ACS Meeting
- The manuscript "Ultrasound-assisted synthesis of carbon materials" is published online in Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics
- Post-doctoral researcher Ellen Steinmiller joins the Skrablab
- Women in Science Program Laboratory Tour is a success!
- Undergraduate Rohit Patel joins the Skrablab
- Professor Skrabalak receives a ACS-PRF Grant
- Graduate students Kun Ha Park and Nancy Ortiz join the Skrablab
- Graduate student Amanda Peterson joins the Skrablab
- Undergraduate Patrick McChesney joins the Skrablab