Welcome back skiers and snowboarders!
It’s hard to believe, but we are quickly entering yet another wild year of classes, tailgates and of course, ski club. The officers have been planning a ton of events to make sure we all start the season off right, so take a look at what we have planned for Welcome Week in addition to all of our other ski club news!
- WINTER BREAK TRIP ANNOUNCED – We are taking all of you crazies to Breckenridge, Colo., for a week you will never forget (or might, depending). The trip is January 4-9 with the 3rd and 10th as travel days. The trip includes party bus transportation to and from, lodging and lift tickets. Price details and the portal to sign up will be released soon, but check off those dates, you aren’t going to want to miss this! Callouts and info sessions held in the fall.
- Membership dues – If you haven’t paid your member dues, GET ON IT! Dues are discounted for the month of August at $25 and will go up to $35 after. To find out more information about dues and what they get you in the club, hop on over to our FAQ and JOIN pages. To pay, you can use the BUY NOW link on the side of our webpage, pay in cash or in person at any of our events or meetings.
- Welcome Week – This is the time of year we love to recruit new members, so feel free to come to any of our events or meetings! We will be chalking, holding callouts, tabling and running around campus drinking a lot of fruit punch. Make sure to spread the word to all of your friends and come to any of our Welcome Week shenanigans.
- BOATS- We are packing up the cars and coolers and taking a pontoon boat out onto the cool, crystalline waters of good old Lake Monroe on Thursday August 21. THIS IS A 21 AND OVER EVENT. The cops really crack down on the party boats, especially during a busy week like this, and getting a drinking ticket at the beginning of the year sucks. We have room for 24 people and the cost is $20 a person. We are going to need four sober drivers (your boat experience will be free!) so let us know if you are interested. The link to sign up will be released in the next week.
- COOKOUT- I think we love having cookouts more than we love $3 Thursday’s at Roys…just kidding, that will never be true. But we do love them, so come with an empty stomach and be ready to chow down on brats (cheese filled?), burgers and beverages. ‘MERICA. Time and place TBA so keep an eye out!
- PARTY- We will be having one of our ski club parties to kick start another awesome year. $5 cover for nonmembers and free for all you who have paid your dues. We WILL have a list of members at the door. Date and location announced closer to Welcome Week.
- Committee Meetings – As one of the biggest clubs on campus, we need all the help we can get! The committee is the planning body of the organization, is open to all members and those who serve for two semesters are eligible to run for officer positions in the spring. We’ll announce our first few meetings closer to the end of August.
- Shirts- We will be selling 2014 ski club shirts for $15 at our callouts and other events, so make sure to grab one before they run out!
- Miscellaneous – We will be planning a camping trip, bar crawls and other excursions for the fall, so stay tuned!
Much love from the entire IUSSC Exec Board –Ski Naked, stay classy and Live. Life. Large.