Help in PDF file
regarding other relevant works for this list to David Heise.
- William Corsaro and D. Heise, 1990. Event
structure models from ethnographic data. C. Clogg (ed.), Sociological
Methodology: 1990 (Cambridge, MA: Basil Blackwell), pp.
- Larry J. Griffin, 1993. Narrative, event-structure
causal interpretation in historical sociology. American
of Sociology, 98: 1094-1133.
- Larry J. Griffin and Robert R. Korstad. 1998. "Historical Inference and Event-Structure Analysis." International Review of Social History 43:145-165.
- D. Heise, 1989. Modeling
event structures. Journal of Mathematical
14: 139-169. Pre-publication
- Josh Adams. 2007. An Event Structure Analysis of the Cosmetic
Surgery and Tattoo Industries in the United States. Paper presented at
the annual meeting of the American Sociological Association. On-line copy.
Anheier and Hagai Katz, 2006, Learning from History? Comparative
Historical Methods and Researching Global Civil Society, in Marlies
Glasius, Mary Kaldor and Helmut Anheier (eds), Global Civil Society 2005/6. London: Sage. On-line copy.
- Robert Biggert. 2004. Why
are strikes successful? An Event-Structure Analysis of the
IWW's Bread and Roses Strike. Paper presented at annual
meeting of the American Sociological Association. On-line
- Joshua Bloom. 2015. The Dynamics of Opportunity and Insurgent Practice: How
Black Anti-colonialists Compelled Truman to Advocate Civil Rights.
American Sociological Review.
- Cliff Brown and John Brueggemann. 1997. Mobilizing
solidarity: A comparison of the 1919 and 1937 steel industry labor
organizing drives. Mobilization, 2(1):47-70.
- Cliff Brown, 2000. The role of employers in split labor
An event-structure analysis of racial conflict and AFL organizing,
1917-1919. Social Forces, 79(2): 653-681.
Brown and John Brueggemann. 1997. Mobilizing Interracial Solidarity: A
Comparison of the 1919 and 1937 Steel Industry Labor Organizing Drives.
- John Brueggemann and Terry Boswell. 1998. Realizing
Solidarity : Sources of Interracial Unionism During the Great
Depression. Work and
Occupations. 25: 436-482.
- John Brueggemann and Cliff Brown. 2003. The decline of
unionism in the meatpacking industry: Event-structure analyses of labor
unrest, 1946-1987. Work and Occupations
Carmela Carbone-Lopez. 2006. In, out, and in again? A life course
understanding of women's violent relationships. Ph.D. Dissertation,
University of Minnesota. On-line copy.
- Brice Dattée, Nassef Hmimda and Staffan Hulténa. 2004. Do Events Matter? A Combination of a Simulation and
an Event Analysis of the Evolution of the Microprocessor Industry.
Paper presented at the DRUID Summer Conference on Industrial Dynamics,
Innovation And Development; Theme C: Technical Change, Corporate
Dynamics and Innovation. On-line copy.
Dixon. 2003. The politics of union decline: Business political
mobilization and restrictive labor legislation, 1938 to 1958. Paper
presented at the meeting of the Social ScienceHistory Association. On-line copy.
- Donna Eder and Janet Lynne Enke, 1991. The structure of
Opportunities and constraints on collective expression among
adolescents. American Sociological Review,
- Larry J. Griffin and Robert R. Korstad, 1996. Class as race
gender. Social Science History, 19: 425-454.
J. Griffin, Paula Clark, and Joanne C. Sandberg. 1997. Narrative and
Event: Lynching and Historical Sociology. Pp. 24-47 in Under Sentence of Death: Lynching in the South, edited by W. Fitzhugh Brundage. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Press.
A. Hager. 1998. Event Structure Analysis as a Tool for Understanding
Organizational Life Histories. Paper presented at the annual meetings
of the Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and
Voluntary Action. On-line copy.
- D. Heise, 1988. Computer
analysis of cultural structures. Social Science
Review, 6: 183-196. Pre-publication
- D. Heise, 1990. Careers,
career trajectories, and the self. Chapter 3 (pp. 59-84) in
Rodin, Carmi Schooler, and K. Warner Schaie (Eds.), Self-Directedness:
Cause and Effects Throughout the Life Course. Hillsdale NJ:
Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. Pre-publication
- D. Heise, 1991. Event
Structure Analysis: A qualitative model of quantitative research.
Pp. 136-163 in Nigel Fielding and Raymond Lee (Eds.), Using
Computers in Qualitative Research (Newbury Park, CA:
- Larry W. Isaac,
Debra A. Street, and Stan J. Knapp. 1994. "Analyzing Historical
Contingency with Formal Methods: The Case ofthe "Relief Explosion" and
1968." Sociological Methods & Research 23:114-141.
Kim. 2010. Organizational Strategy Development for the Pharmaceutical
Industry: Event Structure Analysis, Comparative Boolean Analysis, and
Analogical Reasoning Model. Ph.D. dissertation, Rutgers, The State
University Of New Jersey. On-line copy.
- Neil J. MacKinnon and D. Heise. 1993. Affect Control
Delineation and Development. In Joseph Berger and Morris Zelditch, Jr.
(Eds.), Theoretical Research Programs: Studies in the
Theory. (Stanford: Stanford University Press).
A. Morse. 1998. The Temporal Dynamics of Entrepreneurial Growth: An
Event Structure Analysis in an Entrepreneurial Firm. Ph.D.
Dissertation, Texas Tech University. On-line copy.
- Karen M. O’Neill,
Jeffry M. Calia, Caron Chess, and Lee Clark. 2007 "Miscommunication
During the Anthrax Attacks: How Events Reveal Organizational Failures."
Human Ecology Review 14:11-19.
Ponti. 2010. Actors in Collaboration: Sociotechnical Influence on
Practice-Research Collaboration. Boras, Sweden: Valfrid, 2010. xi, 277
p. ISBN 978-91-89416-24-6. On-line copy.
- John G. Richardson. 2009. Mill Owners and Wobblies: The
Event Structure of the Everett Massacre of 1916. Social Science History
33: 183-215. 2004
- William B. Stevenson and Danna N. Greenberg, 1998. The
analysis of narratives of organizational change. Journal
Management, 24: 741-762.
- William B. Stevenson and Danna N. Greenberg, 2000. Agency
social networks: Strategies of action in a social structure of
position, opposition, and opportunity. Administrative
Quarterly, 45: 651-678.
Stevenson, Heidi Zinzow, and Sanjeev Sridharan. 2003. Using Event
Structure Analysis to Understand Planned Social Change. International Journal of Qualitative Methods 2 (2). Article 5.
- Alexa J. Trumpy. 2008. Subject to Negotiation: The Mechanisms Behind Co-Optation and Corporate Reform. Social Problems 55: 480–500. On-line copy.
- Edwina S. Uehara, 2001. Understanding the dynamics of illness
and help-seeking: Event-structure analysis and a Cambodian-American
narrative of 'Spirit Invasion'. Social Science and Medicine 52:519-536.
- Andrew Abbott, 1995. Sequence
Analysis: New Methods for Old Ideas. Annual Review of Sociology
- Peter Abell. 2004. Narrative Explanation: An Alternative to Variable-Centered Explanation? Annual Review of Sociology, 30: 287-310.
Durand and Eero Vaare. 2009. Causation, counterfactuals and competitive
advantage. Paper presented at the Atlanta Competitive Advantage
Conference. On-line copy.
- Thomas J. Fararo and John Skovertz. 2006. Institutionalized social action: Control at the program level. Pp. 113-136 in Purpose, Meaning, and Action: Control Systems Theories in Sociology, edited by K. A. McClelland and T. J. Fararo.
- Christine Fellbaum (Ed.). 1998. Wordnet: An Electronic
Lexical Database. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. Web site.
- Thierry Fontenelle. 2003. FrameNet and Frame Semantics. A
Special Issue of International
Journal of Lexicography. 16 (Number 3). Web site.
- Roberto Franzosi. 2004. From
Words to Numbers: Narrative, Data, and Social Science. New
Cambridge University Press.
- Larry J. Griffin, 2007. Historical sociology, narrative and
event-structure analysis: Fifteen years later. Sociologica, 2007: 3.
- D. R. Heise Social
order through macroactions: An interactionist approach. 1996, paper presented at Group Processes Conference. On-line copy.
- D. R. Heise and Alex Durig. 1997 A
frame for organizational actions and macroactions. Journal
of Mathematical Sociology, 22: 95-123. Pre-publication
- William Labov. 1997. Some
in Narrative Analysis. Journal
of Narrative and Life History. Author's copy.
- Charles C. Ragin. 1988. Between Complexity and
The Logic of Qualitative Comparison. Berkeley: University
California Press. Web site.
- Philip A. Schrodt. 1994. Statistical Characteristics of Events Data. International Interactions 20,1-2: 35-53. On-line copy.
Starke. 2010. Anecdotal Evidence: The Role of Narrative in Process
Tracing. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American
Political Science Association. On-line copy.
- Charles Tilly. 1999. The trouble with stories. In
Pescosolido and Ronald Aminzade (eds.), The Social Worlds of Higher
Education: Handbook for Teaching in a New Century. Sage
Publications. On-line copy.
Wilkinson. 2009. Event Dynamics and the Role of Third Parties in Urban
Youth Violence. U.S. Department of Justice Document No. 227781.
© 2012 David