Restaurants in Bloomington
There are a number of places to eat in the Indiana Memoral Union (map) and many restaurants within easy walking distance along Kirkwood Avenue, restaurant row on 4th street (mostly ethnic restaurants), and around or on the square downtown (five blocks west of campus along Kirkwood).
Here are some more specific suggestions all within walking distance of the IMU (and a map):
- Esan Thai
- Farm Bloomington (has a bar)
- Finch's Brasserie (has a bar)
- The Owlery (vegetarian)
- Runcible Spoon (good for breakfast esp.)
- Samira (Afghan cuisine)
- Scholars Inn Bakehouse (breakfast and lunch - N. College location)
- The Tudor Room at the IMU (lunch)
- Uptown Cafe
For espresso, chocolates, and macaroons, Blu Boy is not to be missed. Other local coffee houses are SOMA and The Pourhouse. There is a Starbucks in the IMU but the nicer place to hang out is the Starbucks on Indiana Avenue. For cocktails try Serendipty or The Rail. For beer: Crazy Horse.