Skip to Content | Skip to Search | Skip to Navigation

banner

Would you like to intern with a non-profit, government agency, or social enterprise, but cannot afford to take an unpaid internship? The SPEA Student Internship Fund (SIF) is a scholarship fund that grants scholarships to students who intern with participating organizations.

Student applications for summer 2012 internships are due on Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 5:00pm EST. Applications must be submitted through www.speacareers.com!

Summer 2012 Participants:

  • Center for Urban Youth & Family Development
  • Fields Environmental
  • Hartford Memorial Baptist Church
  • State of Michigan - House of Representatives
  • Wayne County, Michigan - Department of Human Services

How Does it Work?

Each spring, SPEA's Office of Career Services posts open internships with companies or organizations that are active SIF participants. Announcements are sent out over all SPEA-student listserves and you can apply to the internships on www.speacareers.com

Who is Eligible?

All current IU - Bloomington SPEA Masters and Undergrauate students who are eligible to complete an internship for their degree are eligible to apply for a SPEA SIF internship. However, employer requirements may preclude you from participating, so please read each internship description and application requirements carefully before applying.

Click your degree status to find out if you are eligible to complete an internship for your degree:

What Amount are the Scholarships?

Scholarship totals are determined by the cost of living for the metro-area in which the internship will be taking place. As noted above, you will receive 80% of your scholarship at the start of your internship and the remaining 20% when you succesfully complete your internship. SIF scholarships are not meant to fund all expenses incurred by an intern, but simply provide a reasonable supplement for income.