Ph.D., Washington State University, 1991
M.A., Washington State University, 1986
B.A., University of IFE, 1980
- Clinical Professor, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Fall 2003 to present
- Faculty member, African Studies Program, Indiana University, Fall 2003 to present
- Africana Studies, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley. 1993 — 2003
Human rights, sustainable development, democratization and state reconstruction in Africa, U.S.-African/Third World relations, and UN Security Council reform
- Afoaku, O.G., Democratic Republic of Congo, in Countries at the Crossroads, New York: Freedom House, 2010
- Afoaku, O.G., The Anti-Kabila War, in Toyin Falola & Raphael Njoku, eds., War and Peace in Africa, Durham, North Carolina: Carolina Academic Press, 2010
- Afoaku, O.G., Beyond Mobutu: The Opposition and the Struggle for Democracy in Zaire, in Julius Ihonvbere & John Mukum Mbaku, eds., Multiparty Democracy and Political Change: Constraints to Democratization in Africa, New Jersey: Africa World Press, Inc., 2006.
- Afoaku, O.G., Explaining the Failure of Democracy in the Democratic Republic of Congo:Autocracy and Dissent in an Ambivalent World, The Edwin Mellen Press, August 2005.