Ph.D., University of Minnesota, 1982
M.S., Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 1976
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- SPEA Graduate Teaching Award, 1998, 2005
- Teaching Excellence Recognition Award (TERA), 1998
- SPEA Undergraduate Teaching Award, 1992
- SPEA Graduate Teaching Award, 1992
- Delft University of Technology Award of 350 guilders for special performance during the prepa¬ration of the Master's Thesis, 1976
- Certified Hydrologist (groundwater) by the American Institute of Hydrology (AIH)
Groundwater flow modeling, including regional groundwater flow systems, conjunctive surface water and groundwater flow modeling, three-dimensional groundwater flow, and saltwater intrusion problems. Emphasis on application of analytic functions to modeling groundwater flow, specifically the analytic element method
- “An exact solution for a line-sink in the presence of leakage or transient flow,” Maksym Gusyev and Henk Haitjema, Advances in Water Resources xxx (2011) xxx-xxx. (in press).
- "Truncating cross-sectional groundwater models under wetlands” Henk Haitjema, Maksym Gusyev, and Mark Wilsnack, Journal of Hydrological Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 7, pp: 537 – 543, July 1, 2010.
- “A hybrid finite difference and analytic element groundwater model” Henk Haitjema, Daniel Feinstein, Randy Hunt, and Maksym Gusyev, Ground Water, 48, no. 4: 538 – 548, 2010.
- “Modeling Flow into Horizontal Wells in a Dupuit-Forchheimer model” Henk Haitjema, Sergey Kuzin, Vic Kelson, and Daniel Abrams, Ground Water, Vol. 48, No. 6, pages 878 – 883, 2010.