Ph.D., Duke University, 1988
M.S., Duke University, 1985
B.A., Grinnell College, 1977
- Center for Tropical Conservation, Duke University, 1993
- Bureau of Agricultural Economics, Canberra, Australia, 1985-1986
- Duke University and the Agency for International Development, May 1982-August 1982
- Energy and Environmental Analysis Inc., 1978-1982.
- Workshop of Political Theory and Policy Analysis, Indiana University, Present
- Center for Research in Energy and the Environment, Indiana University, Present
Theory and practice of benefit-cost analysis, environmental and energy policy analysis, environmental and energy program evaluation; natural resource management in developing countries.
- Fiscal Competition and Environmental Taxation
- Political Economy and Benefit-Cost Analysis
- Economic Evaluation of Natural Gas-Propelled Medium and Heavy Duty Trucks
- Cost-Effectiveness of Market Interventions to Reduce Mortality Risks
Recent Conference Presentations
- Vietnam National University, Hanoi, May 2013. Environmental Economics.
- Pamplona Spain, University of Navarra (2010, 2011) and Public University of Navarra (2012, 2013). Co-taught one-month overseas study course in May-June entitled: Economic Evaluation of Health, Safety, and Environmental Programs in Europe and the United States I and II. May-June.
- Higher School of Economics (HSE), Moscow, Russian Federation. May 2006 Benefit-Cost Analysis. Sponsored by the United States Agency for International Development.
- Kerry Krutilla, Alexander Alexeev, and David Good. “Environmental Taxation and Fiscal Competition: Double Dividends and the Race from Efficiency.” European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists 20th Annual Conference, June 26 – 29, 2013, Toulouse, France.
- Kerry Krutilla and Alexander Alexeev, “Public Choice and Benefit Cost Analysis: Incorporating Decision Costs into Environmental Policy Evaluation.” European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists 20th Annual Conference, June 26 - 29, 2013, Toulouse, France.
- Kerry Krutilla and Alexander Alexeev, Public Choice and Benefit Cost Analysis: Incorporating Decision Costs into Policy Evaluation. 50th Anniversary Conference of The Public Choice Society, March 2013, New Orleans.
- Kerry Krutilla and Alexander Alexeev. Integrating Public Choice into Benefit-Cost Analysis Meeting and Conference of the Society for Benefit Cost Analysis, Washington D.C. February 2013.
- Barnes, D., K. Krutilla, and W.F. Hyde. The Urban Household Energy Transition: Social and Environmental Impacts in the Developing World, Resources for the Future Press, July 2005.
- K. Krutilla and J. Graham. “Are Green Vehicles Worth The Extra Cost? The Case of Diesel-Electric Hybrid Technology for Urban Delivery Vehicles.” Journal of Policy Analysis and Management 31(3): 501-532 (2012).
- K. Krutilla and A. Alexeev. “The Normative Implications of Political Decision-Making for Benefit-Cost Analysis,” Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis 3(2): Article 2. (2012).
- K. Krutilla with R. Krause. “Transaction Costs and Environmental Policy: An Assessment Framework and Literature Review.” International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics 4(3/4): 261-354 (2011).
- K. Krutilla and K. Logan. “Surface Water Quality in the Carpathian Basin: Current Status and Future Directions,” Hungarian Studies 23(2): 153–173 (2009).
- K. Krutilla, with Rene Aubourg and D. Good. "Debt, Democratization, and Development in Latin America: How Policy Can Affect Global Warming." Journal of Policy Analysis and Management 27(1): 7-19 (2008).
- Krutilla, K. and R. Reuveny, The Systems Dynamics of Endogenous Population Growth in a Renewable Resource-Based Growth Model, Ecological Economics 56: 256-267, 2006.
- Krutilla, K. Using the Kaldor-Hicks Tableau Format for the Teaching and Practice of Project Appraisal and Policy Analysis, Journal of Policy Analysis and Management 864-875, 2005.