Ph.D., School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 2012
M.P.A./M.s.E.S., School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 2007
B.A., Morehead State University, 2003
Professional and Community Service
- Americorps Volunteer, 2004
- SPEA ServiceCorps Community Coordinator, 2006
- Indiana University SPEA Teaching and Learning Faculty Group Steering Committee, 2011-2013
- Indiana University SPEA Undergraduate Honors Thesis Advisor, Spring 2012
- Indiana University Tree Board, Member, 2009-2013
- United Way of Monroe County, Vision Council Member, 2006-2009
Natural resource management and policy, social-ecological systems, urban and community forestry, applied ecology, collective action, institutional analysis
- Mincey, S.K., M. Schmitt-Harsh, R. Thurau. 2013 (in press). Zoning, land use, and urban tree canopy cover: The importance of scale. Urban Forestry and Urban Greening 12(2).
- Cox, M., S.K. Mincey, T. Ruseva, S. Villamayor-Tomas, B. Fischer. 2013 (in press). Evaluating the USFS State & Private Forestry Redesign: A First Look at Policy. Ecological Economics 85: 34-42.
- Mincey, S.K. and J. Vogt. In review. The influence of watering strategy on the survival and growth of community-planted trees. Submitted to Arboriculture and Urban Forestry.
- Epstein, G., J.M. Vogt, S.K. Mincey, M. Cox, and B.C. Fischer. In review. Towards and interdisciplinary social-ecological systems framework. Submitted to the International Journal of the Commons.
- Mincey, S.K., M. Hutten, B.Fischer, T. Evans, S. Stewart, J. M. Vogt. In review. Structuring institutional analysis for urban ecosystems: A key to sustainable urban forest management. Submitted to Urban Ecosystems.
- Fleischman, F.D., K. Boenning, G.A. Garcia-Lopez, S.K. Mincey, M.Schmitt-Harsh, K. Daedlow, M. Lopez, X. Basurto, B. Fischer and E. Ostrom. 2010. Disturbance, Response, and Persistence in Self-Organized Forested Communities: Analysis of Robustness and Resilience in Five Communities in Southern Indiana. Ecology and Society 15 (4): 9.
- V600 Master’s Capstone
- E532/332 Applied Ecology
- E162 Environment and People