Andrea R. Need
J.D. (Magna Cum Laude)/M.S.E.S., Indiana University, 1993
B.S., Natural Resources, University of Michigan, 1989
- Lecturer, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, (2011-present)
- Staff Attorney, Conservation Law Center, Inc. and Adjunct Professor of Law, Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana (November 2007-present).
- Adjunct Professor, Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Bloomington, Indiana (October 2010-present).
- Commissioner, City of Bloomington Environmental Commission (2009-2010).
- Environmental Attorney, Office of Legal Counsel, Indiana Department of Environmental Management, Indianapolis, Indiana (August 1993-September 2007).
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- SPEA Teaching Award, Graduate Instruction, 2013
- Exceptional Service Award, IDEM (November 2005)
Environmental law, conservation easements, invasive species, environmental impact of shipping on the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Seaway.
Faculty Advisor, Environmental Law and Policy Project (2010-present).
- Jeffrey B. Hyman, Andrea Need & W. William Weeks, "Statutory Reform to Protect Migrations as Phenomena of Abundance," 41 Environmental Law. (forthcoming 2011).
- Co-Author, "Funding State Environmental Programs: Indiana’s Solution," 1 The Environmental Lawyer 2 (February, 1995).