Clinton V. Oster Jr.
Ph.D., Harvard University, 1978
M.S., Carnegie-Mellon University, 1973
B.S.E., Princeton University, 1969
- Professor, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 1988 - 2011
- Associate Dean, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, 1989-1992, 2005-2008
- Adjunct Professor of Business, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
- Associate Director, The Highway and Transportation Management Institute, 1988-1992
- Director, Transportation Research Center, 1985-1989
- Associate Director, Center for Urban and Regional Analysis, 1982-1985
- Associate Professor, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 1984 - 1988
- Assistant Professor, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 1979 - 1984
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Graduate Teaching Award, Indiana University, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, 2011
- Transportation Research Forum, Outstanding Paper Award, 1987
- Logistics and Transportation Review, Outstanding Paper Award, 1986
- B.S.E. awarded with honors
- M.S. awarded with distinction
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Pi Alpha Alpha
- Graduate Fellowship, Carnegie-Mellon University
- Graduate Fellowship, Harvard University
- Doctoral Dissertation Award, Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association
Aviation safety, air traffic management, energy policy, airline economics and competition policy, aviation infrastructure, environmental and natural resource policy, government regulation, and business-government relations
Dr. Clinton V. Oster Jr. is an expert in transportation policy, transportation safety, energy policy, environmental policy, and economic development. He co-authored "Analyzing Aviation Safety: Problems, Challenges, and Opportunities" with John Strong and Kurt Zorn and "Analyzing Road Safety in the United States," with John Strong, both in Research in Transportation Economics. He also co-authored "Chapter 5 -- Transportation," in Climate Change Impacts in the United States: The Third National Climate Assessment.
- Henry G. Schwartz, Michael Meyer, Cynthia J. Burbank, Michael Kuby, Clinton Oster, John Posey, Edmond J Russo, and Arthur Rypinski, Chapter 5 -- Transportation in Melillo, Jerry M., Terese Richmond, and Gary W. Yohe (eds.) Climate Change Impacts in the United States: The Third National Climate Assessment. U.S. Global Change Research Program, 2014.
- Clinton V. Oster, Jr., John S. Strong, and C. Kurt Zorn, "Analyzing Aviation Safety: Problems, Challenges, and Opportunities, Research in Transportation Economics, Volume 43, pages 148-164, July 2013.
- Clinton V. Oster, Jr. and John S. Strong, "Analyzing Road Safety in the United States," Research in Transportation Economics, Volume 43, pages 98-111, July 2013.