Clinton V. Oster Jr.
Ph.D., Harvard University, 1978
M.S., Carnegie-Mellon University, 1973
B.S.E., Princeton University, 1969
- Professor, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 1988 - 2011
- Associate Dean, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, 1989-1992, 2005-2008
- Adjunct Professor of Business, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
- Associate Director, The Highway and Transportation Management Institute, 1988-1992
- Director, Transportation Research Center, 1985-1989
- Associate Director, Center for Urban and Regional Analysis, 1982-1985
- Associate Professor, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 1984 - 1988
- Assistant Professor, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 1979 - 1984
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Graduate Teaching Award, Indiana University, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, 2011
- Transportation Research Forum, Outstanding Paper Award, 1987
- Logistics and Transportation Review, Outstanding Paper Award, 1986
- B.S.E. awarded with honors
- M.S. awarded with distinction
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Pi Alpha Alpha
- Graduate Fellowship, Carnegie-Mellon University
- Graduate Fellowship, Harvard University
- Doctoral Dissertation Award, Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association
Aviation safety, air traffic management, energy policy, airline economics and competition policy, aviation infrastructure, environmental and natural resource policy, government regulation, and business-government relations
- National Research Council, Transportation Research Board, Committee for The Study of Traffic Safety Lessons from Benchmark Nations, Chair, 2006 to present
- National Aviation Advisory Group, U.S. Government Accountability Office, 2005 to present
- Academic Network on Aviation Research and Policy, Dutch Ministry of Transport, 2005 to present
- Clinton V. Oster Jr. and John S. Strong. (2008). Managing the Skies: Public Policy, Organization, and Financing of Air Navigation. Aldershot, UK: Ashgate Publishing.
- Clinton V. Oster, Jr. and John S. Strong, (2008). “An Assessment of Aviation Security Costs and Funding in the United States,” in Andrew R. Thomas, editor, Chapter 10 in Aviation Security Management, Volume III: Perspectives on Aviation Security Management (Westport: Greenwood Publishing).
- Clinton V. Oster, Jr. and John S. Strong, (2008). “A review of Transportation Security Administration Funding 2001-2007,” Journal of Transportation Security, Volume 1, Number 1, March 2008, pages 37-43.
- Clinton V. Oster Jr. and John S. Strong. (2006). Reforming the Federal Aviation Administration: Lessons from Canada and the United Kingdom. Washington: The IBM Center for The Business of Government
- Clinton V. Oster Jr, and John S. Strong. (2006). “The Evolution of U.S. Domestic Airline Route Networks since 1990.” Transportation Research Record: The Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 1951