M.S., Organization Development, American University, 2003
B.S., Indiana University
- President and Founder, Applegate Consulting Group (ACG), Washington, DC, 1997–present
- National Field Director, National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League (NARAL), Washington, DC, 1994-1997.
- Women’s Outreach Director, U.S. Department of Defense, Family Support Division, Army Community Services, Nuremberg, Germany, 1985-1989.
- V362 Nonprofit Management and Leadership, Fall 2011 - Present
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Best of Takoma Park Award in Management and Consulting Services, 2010 and 2009.
- Cultural Competency Award, Alliance for Nonprofit Management, Washington, DC, 2009.
- Hal Kelnar Award, American University, Washington DC, 2003.
- Phi Alpha Alpha National Honor Society, American University, Washington, DC, 2003.
- Outstanding Community Contribution Award, Department of Defense, Family Support Division, Army Community Services, Nuremberg, Germany, 1988.
- The Center of the Study of the Presidency Fellow, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 1982.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
- MSOD Practitioners Program, American University/National Training Laboratory.
- Study Circle Facilitation, Montgomery County Public Schools (Maryland).
- Advanced Enneagram and Organization Development.
- Enneagram Train-the-Trainer Program.
- Human Interaction Lab Trainer Program.
Theory, Best Practices, Field Experience in Action Research, Systems Theory, Organizational Behavior, Political Science, and Grassroots Organizing
- "The Sustainable Enterprise Fieldbook -When It All Comes Together" companion online Learning Guide, 2011. Chapter 2: Mental models for sustainability available on line at www.TheSustainableEnterpriseFieldbook.net.
- "Embracing Cultural Competency: A Roadmap for Nonprofit Capacity Builders." Editor: Patricia St. Onge, Contributing Authors: Beth Applegate, Vicki Asakura, Monica Moss, Brigette Rouson, Alfredo Vergara-Lobo www.EmbracingCulturalCompetency.org 2009ISBN 978-0-940069-68-8.
- "The Sustainable Enterprise Fieldbook – When It All Comes Together." Edited by Wirtenberg, J., Russell, W., and Lipsky, D. 2008. Co-published by Greenleaf Publishing (UK) and AMACOM. Visit the Living Fieldbook at www.TheSustainableEnterpriseFieldbook.net.
- Applegate, B. (2011). Organization Development - A Catalyst for Social Change, Tamara Journal for Critical Organizational Inquiry. Vol 8.3 & 8.4, ISSN 1532-5555.
- Applegate, B. & Puentes, S. (2009). “Diversity and Inclusion: The Next Step in Social Responsibility.” for ASAE & The Center for Association Leadership, Associations Now magazine Ideas into Action, page 11.
- Applegate, B. (2008). Challenges and opportunities in nonprofit capacity building, Nonprofit World Journal, 26 (3), published by the Society for Nonprofit Organizations.