Ph.D., Political Economy, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
M.A., Philosophy, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
B.A., Theology and Ancient Greek, Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, IL
- Distinguished & Senior Fellow at Sagamore Institute, German Marshall Fund, and Hudson Institute (Indianapolis & DC)
- Founding Director & Senior Fellow, Legatum Institute (London)
- Domestic Policy Advisor to George W. Bush (DC)
- Policy Advisor to Mayor Stephen Goldsmith (Indianapolis)
- Policy Consultant (Indianapolis, DC, Germany)
Entrepreneurship; Metro/Urban policy; Social welfare reform; Political economy; Federalism; Executive governance
Full list of publications
- “Right in the Middle: The Midwest’s Growth Lessons for America,” with Joel Kotkin and Mark Schill, The American, April 24, 2012
- “From Aspiration to Stagnation,” National Review, October 18, 2011.
- “Mitch Daniels, Education Reformer,” Weekly Standard, May 3, 2011.
- “Don’t Count on a Debt Deal or Tax Hike to Save Us,” FoxNews, April 11, 2011.
- “Why we Need a Pledge by America to Save Our Country,” FoxNews, February 7, 2011.
- “Asian Entrepreneurs are Bullish on the Future,” Wall Street Journal, August 3, 2010.
- Legatum Institute Survey of Entrepreneurs: India (London: Legatum Institute, 2008, 2009, 2010).
- “Freedom to Prosper,” Wall Street Journal, October 2009.