Edwardo L. Rhodes
Ph.D., Carnegie-Mellon University, 1978
A.B., (Magna Cum Laude), Princeton University, 1968
- Associate Vice President Student Development, 2003-2010
- Vice Chancellor for Academic Support and Diversity, 2003-2007
- Member Governing Board Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation, 2002-Present
- Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Indiana University, 1996-1999
- Institute of Public Policy, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia, 1993-1994
- Office of Environmental Equity, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D.C., 1993-1994
- Director of Public Affairs Graduate Programs, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, Bloomington, 1989-1991
- State University of New York at Buffalo , School of Management, 1977-1980 and 1981-1985
- Guest Professor, Department of Economic, Bradley University, Peoria, Il., 1980
- Brookings Institution Economic Policy Fellow Program, assigned as an operations research analyst to the Office of Policy Analysis, U.S. Department of Interior, 1980-1981
- Naval Supply Officer, final position as Supply Department Head on U.S.S. Dehaven DD727, 1969-1972
- Investigator Office of Review, New York City Human Resources Administration, 1968-1969
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Paper jointly written with W.W. Cooper and A. Charnes in the European Journal of Operational Research authored in 1978 recognized as one of the journal’s most cited work, 2005.
- Four year grant via the Graduate School from the National Science Foundation (NSF), Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professiate (AGEP), joint effort with Purdue and Northwestern University, 2003
- Paper jointly written with W.W. Cooper and A. Charnes in the European Journal of Operational Research authored in 1978 recognized in the special 50 years of operations research and management science issue of OR/MS Today as one of the most significant works starting with early mathematical works in the 17th century, 2002.
- Selected as an Academic Leadership Fellow, IU Bloomington, 1991
- Elected to the Brookings Institution Economic Policy Fellows Program, 1980
- Ford Foundation, National Fellowship Award, 1977
- Graduated magna cum laude from Princeton University, 1968
Public policy analysis, particularly public sector applications of management science in the evaluation and assessment of the efficiency or organization performance of public activities, including environmental and natural resource policy implementation
- Campus Coordinator of the National Science Foundation Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP)
- Member Monroe County NAACP Executive Committee, 1996 to 2001
- Member National Board of Directors, Friends of the Earth, 1999 to 2007
- Member National Academy of Public Affairs Social Equity Panel, 2000 to present
- Environmental Justice in America: A New Paradigm. Book length exploration of the role of environmental justice in public policy decision-making, ( 2003 Hardback, Indiana University Press, IN; Paperback 2005 IU Press ).
- ”A Different Way of Looking at the Same Old Numbers: Using Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) to Evaluate Community Level Environmental Quality and Justice,” International Journal of Public Administration, Vol. 25, No. 2 &3, pp. 253-280 2001.
- Applications of Management Science: Public Policy Applications of Management Science, Vol. 7, Editor. (JAI Press 1993).
- "Evaluating Program and Managerial Efficiency: An Application of Data Envelop¬ment Analysis to Program Follow-Through,"Management Science, Vol. 27, No. 6, June 1981, pp. 668-697. Published as an unusual contribution paper. Jointly written with W.W.I Cooper and A. Charles. Requested by the Hungarian Academy of Sciences to translate and reprint in Szigma.
- "Measuring the Efficiency of Decision-Making Units,” European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 2, No. 6, November 1978. Written jointly with W.W.I Cooper and A. Charles.