Todd V. Royer
Ph.D., Idaho State University, 1999
M.S., Idaho State University, 1995
B.S., Iowa State University, 1992
- Chair, BSES Program Committee, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 2011 — present
- Associate Professor, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University,2010 — present
- Assistant Professor, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 2005 — 2010
- Assistant Professor, Kent State University, 2003 — 2005
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, University of Illinois, 2000 — 2003
Aquatic biogeochemistry, water resources, nutrient and carbon cycling in streams and rivers, water quality and nutrient standards
Research in Dr. Royer’s laboratory addresses questions related to aquatic biogeochemistry, particularly nitrogen, carbon, and phosphorus cycling in streams and rivers. Current projects are focused on water quality and the interdisciplinary study of microbial community structure, dissolved organic matter, and denitrification in agricultural streams. For a full description of publications, laboratory personnel, and other research activities, click here to visit Dr. Royer’s research web site.
Full Vita (pdf)
- Johnson, L.T., T.V. Royer, J.M. Edgerton, and L.G. Leff. 2012. Manipulation of the dissolved organic carbon pool in an agricultural stream: responses in microbial community structure, denitrification, and assimilatory nitrogen uptake. Ecosystems 15:1027-1038.
- Rosi-Marshall, E.J. and T.V. Royer. 2012. Pharmaceutical compounds and ecosystem function: an emerging research challenge for aquatic ecologists. Ecosystems 15:867-880.
- Baxter, A.J., L. Johnson, J. Edgerton, T. Royer, and L.G. Leff. 2012. Structure and function of denitrifying bacterial assemblages in low-order Indiana streams. Freshwater Science 31:304-317.
- Griffiths, N.A., J.L. Tank, T.V. Royer, T.J. Warrner, T.C. Frauendorf, E.J. Rosi-Marshall, and M.R. Whiles. 2012. Temporal variation in organic carbon spiraling in Midwestern agricultural streams. Biogeochemistry 108:149-169.
- Gardner, K.M. and T.V. Royer. 2010. Effect of road salt application on seasonal chloride concentrations and toxicity in south-central Indiana streams. Journal of Environmental Quality 39:1036–1042.
- Warrner, T.J., T.V. Royer, J.L. Tank, N.A. Griffiths, E.J. Rosi-Marshall, and M.R. Whiles. 2009. Dissolved organic carbon in streams from artificially drained and intensively farmed watersheds in Indiana, USA. Biogeochemistry 95:295–307.
- Tank, J.L., E.J. Rosi-Marshall, T.V. Royer, M.R. Whiles, N.A. Griffiths, T.C. Frauendorf, and D.J. Treering. 2010. Occurrence of maize detritus and a transgenic insecticidal protein (Cry1Ab) within the stream network of an agricultural landscape. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 107:17645-17650.
- Royer, T.V., M.B. David, and L.E. Gentry. 2006. Timing of riverine export of nitrate and phosphorus from agricultural watersheds in Illinois: implications for reducing nutrient loading to the Mississippi River. Environmental Science & Technology 40:4126–4131.