Roy W. Shin
Ph.D., University of Minnesota, 1969
M.A., University of Minnesota, 1962
B.A., Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota. 1958
- School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 1977 — 1999
- University of Maine, 1969 — 1977
- Ohio Wesleyan University, 1965 — 1969
- University of Wisconsin, 1964 — 1965
- University of Minnesota, 1961 — 1964
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Teaching Excellence Recognition Award, Indiana University, 1999
- Senior Fulbright Research Scholar Award, for an Impact Study of Foreign Direct Investment in China, 1997
- Ameritech Research Scholar, 1997
- Distinguished Public Service Award, Government of Korea for Research Contributions to Korean Environmental Policy, 1996
- Elected Chairman of the Council of Colleges, University of Maine, 1975 — 1976.
Environment and Competition Policy; Science and Technology Policy
- Chairman, Board of Directors, SISKAM, Inc., 2000~present
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of International Trade and Diplomacy, 2004~present
- Shin, Roy. 2008. "The Prospects of Globalization Impact on Governance and the Korean Bureaucracy." Administrative Focus. Spring Issue.
- Shin, Roy and Y.C. Chen. 2000. "The Case of ISO 14000: Seizing Global Opportunities for Accomplishing Agencies' Missions." Public Administration Quarterly, Vol. 24 .
- Shin, Roy and Y.S. Ha. 1999. "Political Economy of Policy Reform in Korea." Policy Studies Review, Vol.16.
- Shin, Roy. 1998. "Implementation of Science and Technology Policies for Global Competition; Electronics and Telecommunications Industries." Journal of International Development, Vol.10.
- Shin, Roy and Laura Strohm. 1997. "Policy Regimes for International Waste Trade." In Lynton K. Caldwell and Robert V. Bartlett (Eds.) Environmental Policy. Quorum Books.
- Shin, Roy. 1995. " The Private Provision of Capital for Public Housing Development: A Cost-Benefit Study of the Seoul Housing Project." Public Administration and Development: The Int'l Journal of Management Research and Practice. Vol.15.
- Shin, Roy. 1994. "The Industrial Society in Transition: Comparative Public Policymaking - The United States and Sweden." International Journal of Public Administration, Vol.17.
- Shin, Roy. 1993. "The Role of Industrial Policy Agents: A Study of a Korean Intermediate Organization as a Policy Network." International Review of Administrative Sciences. Vol. 59.
- Shin, Roy. 1993. "The Dynamics of Transboundary Industrial Location Decisions: Industrial Flight or Global Strategy." International Journal of Public Administration. Vol.10.
- Shin, Roy and Tae Kyu Park. 1992. "Program Effects of National Health Insurance: The Korean Experience." Journal of Third World Studies. Vol. IX.