Ph.D., University of Maryland, 1999
M.B.A., University of Maryland, 1994
B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1989
- Associate Professor, Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs, 2010 to present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Economics and Management, Cornell University, 2001 - 2010
- Assistant Professor, Department of Management, Texas A&M University. 1999 - 2000
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Glueck Best Paper Award, Business Policy and Strategy Division, 2005 Annual Meetings of the Academy of Management.
- Outstanding Reviewer, Academy of Management Annual Meetings, Business Policy & Strategy Division. 2003.
- Outstanding Faculty, Alpha Kappa Psi, Lambda Chi chapter, Texas A&M University. Fall 2000.
Competition and Firm Strategy; Customer Satisfaction; and Policy Analysis
- Blalock, G., DeVaro, J., Leventhal, S., and Simon, D. “Gender Bias in Power Relationships: Evidence from Police Traffic Stops.” Forthcoming at Applied Economics.
- Simon, D., and Lieberman, M. “Internal and External Influences on Adoption Decisions in Multi-Unit Firms: The Moderating Effect of Experience.” Strategic Organization, Volume 8, p. 132-154. May 2010.
- Thomas, M., Simon, D., and Kadiyali, V. “The Price Precision Effect: Evidence from Laboratory and Market Data.” Marketing Science, Volume 29, p. 175-190. January-February 2010.
- Prince, J., and Simon, D. “Has the Internet Accelerated the Diffusion of New Products?” Research Policy, Volume 38, p.1269-1277. October 2009.
- Blalock, G., and Simon, D. “Do All Firms Benefit Equally from Downstream FDI? The Moderating Effect of Local Suppliers’ Capabilities on Productivity Gains.” Journal of International Business Studies, Volume 40, p. 1095-1112. September 2009.
- Blalock, G., Kadiyali, V., and Simon, D. “Driving Fatalities After 9/11: A Hidden Cost of Terrorism.” Applied Economics, Volume 41, p. 1717-1729. 2009.
- Simon, D., Gomez, M., McLaughlin, E., and Wittink, D. “Employee Attitudes, Customer Satisfaction, and Sales Performance: Assessing the Linkages in US Grocery Stores.” Managerial and Decision Economics, Volume 30, p. 27-41. January 2009.
- Prince, J., and Simon, D. “Multimarket Contact and On-Time Performance in the US Airline Industry.” Academy of Management Journal, Volume 52, p. 336-354. April 2009.
- Davis, P., Lewenstein, B., Simon, D., Booth, J., and Connolly, M. “Open access publishing, article downloads, and citations: randomised controlled trial.” British Medical Journal, Volume 337, p. 343-345. July 2008.
- Blalock, G., Kadiyali, V., and Simon, D. “The Impact of Post 9/11 Airport Security Measures on the Demand for Air Travel.” Journal of Law and Economics, Volume 50, p. 731-755. November 2007.
- Simon, D., and Kadiyali, V. “The Effect of a Magazine’s Free Digital Content on Its Print Circulation: Cannibalization or Complementarity?” Information Economics and Policy. Volume 19, p. 344-361. October 2007.
- Blalock, G., Just, D., and Simon, D. “Hitting the Jackpot or Hitting the Skids: Entertainment, Poverty, and the Demand for State Lotteries.” American Journal of Economics and Sociology. Volume 66, p. 545-570. July 2007.