Ph.D., Biological Sciences, University of Illinois, 1994
M.S., Biological Sciences, University of Wisconsin, 1985
B.S., Biological Sciences, University of Michigan, 1981
Visiting Clinical Professor, Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs, October 1, 2011 to present
Environmental Indicators; fish and crayfish assemblage structure; and reproductive biology and early life history of fishes; aquatic ecology
- Cooper, N.J. and T.P. Simon. 2014. Relationships between multi-scale environmental and land-use factors and summer diurnal relative abundance, size, and age of the Northern Clearwater crayfish, Orconectes propinquus (Decapoda: Cambaridae). Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science.
- Peters J.A., D.M. Lodge, M.J. Cooper, F.W. Schueler, T.P. Simon, R. Thoma, M.S. Kornis, J. Maxted, C.A. Taylor, S. Creque W.L. Perry, D.G. Uzarski. 2014. Historical changes and current status of crayfish diversity and distribution in the Laurentian Great Lakes. Journal of Great Lakes Research 40: 35-46.
- Simon, T.P. and R. Wallus. 2014. Reproductive Biology and Early Life History of Fishes in the Ohio River Drainage. Volume 7: Cyprinidae. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
- Thompson, H. and T.P. Simon. 2014. Diet shift response in round goby, Neogobius melanostomus, based on size, sex, depth, and habitat in the western basin of Lake Erie. Journal of Applied Ichthyology.
- Middleton, S., M. Perello, and T.P. Simon. 2013. Length-weight relationships of the mimic shiner Notropic volucellus(Cope 1865) in the Western Basin of Lake Erie. Ohio Journal of Science 112 (2): 44-50.
- Moran, E.A. and T.P. Simon. 2013. Size, relative abundance, and catch-per-unit-effort of round goby, Neogobius melanostomus, in anthropogenically modified and natural habitats in the western basin of Lake Erie. Journal of Applied Ichthyology 29: 1134-1138.
- Simon, T.P. 2013. Fundamentals of Applied Risk Assessment. 2nd edition. Kendall-Hunt Publishers, Dubuque, IA.
- Simon, T.P., R. Morehouse, and S.L. Worden. 2013. Physical and chemical limnology of three lakes within Hoosier National Forest. Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science 121 (2): 97-109.
- Simon, T.P., C.C. Morris, and D.W. Sparks. 2013. Patterns in stream fish assemblage structure and function associated with a PCB-gradient. Archives Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 65: 286-299.