Ph.D., University of Chicago, 2011
M.A., American University, 2007
B.F.A., University of Windsor, 2004
- Assistant Professor, Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs, 2013-Present
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Lilly Family School of Philanthropy, 2013-2016
- Senior Research Officer, National Endowment for the Arts, Washington, D.C. 2012-2013
- Research Analyst, NORC at the University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 2008-2012
- Research Assistant, Center on Nonprofits and Philanthropy, Urban Institute, Washington, D.C., 2006-2007
Cultural Policy and Economics; Urban Policy and Economics; Nonprofit Management, Finance, and Economics; Capital Facilities Investments, Applied Econometrics, Survey Methods
- Woronkowicz, J. Art-making or place-making? The effects of outdoor performing arts venues on neighborhood change.
- Woronkowicz, J. & Rabovsky, T. The best defense: Performance measurement as a political strategy in federal bureaucracies.
- Woronkowicz, Joanna. 2013 "The determinants of cultural building: identifying the demographic and economic factors associated with cultural facility investment in U.S. metropolitan statistical areas." Cultural Trends 22 (3/4), 192-202.
- Woronkowicz, Joanna, et. al. 2012. Set in Stone: Building America's New Generation of Arts Facilities. Cultural Policy Center, University of Chicago. Available at http://culturalpolicy.uchicago.edu/setinstone/.