Ph.D., University of Chicago, 2011
M.A., American University, 2007
B.F.A., University of Windsor, 2004
- Assistant Professor, Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs, 2013-Present
- Senior Research Officer, National Endowment for the Arts, Washington, D.C. 2012-2013
- Research Analyst, NORC at the University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 2008-2012
- Research Assistant, Center on Nonprofits and Philanthropy, Urban Institute, Washington, D.C., 2006-2007
Cultural facility development, nonprofit management, cultural and urban policy
The effect of outdoor performing arts venues on neighborhoods: a study of Levitt Pavilions
Capital facility projects and nonprofit financial performance
The impact of building new cultural institutions on urban neighborhoods
Cognitive effects of changes to the Survey of Public Participation in the Arts questionnaire
- Woronkowicz, Joanna. 2013 "The determinants of cultural building: identifying the demographic and economic factors associated with cultural facility investment in U.S. metropolitan statistical areas." Cultural Trends 22 (3/4), 192-202.
- Woronkowicz, Joanna, et. al. 2012. Set in Stone: Building America's New Generation of Arts Facilities. Cultural Policy Center, University of Chicago. Available at http://culturalpolicy.uchicago.edu/setinstone/.