Ph.D., University of Massachusetts-Amherst, 2013
M.S., University of Massachusetts-Amherst, 2009
M.Sc., University of Edinburgh, U.K., 2006
B.A., Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece, 2003
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Indiana University, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, 2013 to present
- Research Assistant/Instructor, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2010-2013
- Short-term Consultant, World Bank, Washington, D.C., 2010-2011
- Research Assistant, University of Nevada Reno, 2008-2010
- Teaching Assistant, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2006-2008
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Best Graduate Student Award, Department of Resource Economics, University of Nevada Reno, 2010
- Vijay Bhagavan Teaching Assistant of Distinction Award, Department of Resource Economics, University of Massachusetts-Amherst, 2007
- Carolyn Farper Fellowship, Department of Resource Economics, University of Massachusetts-Amherst, 2007
Applied Econometrics, Time Series, Environmental and Natural Resource Economics
- Zirogiannis, N., Moffitt, L.J., Danilenko, A., Rop, R. and Otiego, L. (2012). "How Healthy is Your Utility? Consolidating Performance and Vulnerability to Access Utility Maturity." Water Utility Management International, 7(2): 19-23.
- Kobayashi, M., Zirogiannis, N., Rollins, K. and Evans, M.D.R. (2010). "Estimating Private Incentives for Wildfire Risk Mitigation: Determinants of Demands for Different Fire-Safe Actions." Selected Paper 11730, Presented at the AAEA, CAES, & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting in Denver, CO. July 25-July 27, 2010.
- Zirogiannis, N. (2008). "Cotton Subsidies and Non-Sustainable Production in West and Central Africa." The International Journal of Rural Development, 42(5): 33-35.
- Zirogiannis, N. and Tripodis, Y. (2013) "A Generalized Dynamic Factor Model for Panel Data: Estimation with a Two-Cycle Conditional Expectation-Maximization Algorithm." University of Massachusetts at Amherst Department of Resource Economics Working Paper No. 2013-1. Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2201608 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2201608.