The School of Public and Environmental Affairs warmly welcomes AmeriCorps alums. We have had excellent experiences with AmeriCorps alums in our graduate programs. Here are some of the reasons why the School of Public and Environmental Affairs is attractive to you:
- Value: In the most recent rankings of graduate programs by U.S. News & World Report, SPEA is listed as #2 and is the highest-ranked institution of all public schools. Because all the other top-ranked schools are private, our fees are extremely competitive, and this is a relatively low-cost area in which to live. So we offer you real value for money. In specialty areas, four of our concentrations are in the top 10:
There are no national rankings, as of yet, for environmental science programs, but our reputation in the field continues to grow and our most germane work in our research labs continues to attract national acclaim.
- Environmental Policy and Natural Resource Management (#1)
- Nonprofit Management (#1)
- Public Financial Administration (#3)
- Public Management (#3)
- We automatically waive three credit hours per year of service (maximum of 6 credit hours) from the degree requirements of all AmeriCorps alums. The waiver translates to over $2,900 benefit per year of service, depending on residency.
Why is the School of Public and Environmental Affairs so keen to enroll people from AmeriCorps?
The answer is simple. Our experience with AmeriCorps alums in the School has been outstanding. They bring to bear some qualities that enhance the classroom—and more general academic—environment. These are:
- The sense of self-discipline that comes from coping with challenging positions in the field, and having to make do with limited resources.
- The maturity that such experiences bring.
- The AmeriCorps alums have always had a disproportionate impact on the social and academic life of the school, and do not simply drift through the system.
If you would like to find out more about any of the material outlined above, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (812) 855-2840 or (800) 765-7755.