Academic Admission Award
The award, created for the school's highest-achieving newly admitted students, is based on students' IU cumulative grade point average. Students must be newly admitted to SPEA, enrolled as a full-time student and taking at least six credit hours of SPEA course work for the upcoming semester to qualify. Typically, five of the $2,000 awards will be granted each admission cycle.
"SPEA's goal is to serve the very best students who are interested in public and environmental affairs," said Burney Fischer, SPEA clinical professor and former director of undergraduate programs. "We look forward to these students becoming future leaders in SPEA and in their careers."
The first five recipients, their majors and hometowns, are:
- Amy Allen, Environmental Management, Bloomington, Ind.
- Heather Gordon, Health Administration, Mishawaka, Ind.
- Philip Heleringer, Legal Studies, Louisville, Ky.
- Susan Miller, Health Administration, Evansville, Ind.
- Katharine Russell, Nonprofit Management, Indianapolis
For more information about SPEA undergraduate admissions and scholarships, see http://www.spea.indiana.edu.