Direct Admit Program
SPEA offers direct admission to a select group of new IU freshman every year. There is no application to the Direct Admit program; students who qualify will be invited by the program to join.
How do I qualify for direct admission to SPEA?
- On your application to IU Bloomington, indicate a major within the School of Public and Environmental Affairs. Because there is no separate application, SPEA will use your indication on your IUB application to determine interest in SPEA's direct admit program.
- Meet SPEA's admission criteria:
- Ranking within the top 15% of your class, and
- Scoring a minimum of 1250 on the SAT combined math and critical reading scores, or a minimum score of 28 on the ACT.
What happens if I am admitted?
- If you meet all admission criteria, you will receive a letter from the director of SPEA's undergraduate program, offering you the direct admit option.
- You will receive an e-mail before May 1 asking you to accept or decline your direct admission.
- You will take selected SPEA introductory courses during your freshman year, in addition to the general education requirements many freshman take.
- You will have access to SPEA advisors to assist you in curriculum planning.
For more information, contact the SPEA Undergraduate Programs and Advising Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-855-0635