Student Ambassador Program
Do you find yourself explaining what SPEA is to your friends and family? Are you looking to gain professional experience, training, and networking opportunities? Are you passionate about SPEA and want to share that enthusiasm with prospective and incoming students? Then you should be an Undergraduate Student Ambassador!
Student ambassadors will:
- Share their SPEA experience with prospective students and parents
- Assist in planning, publicizing, and hosting SPEA recruitment events
- Work closely with SPEA staff and faculty
- Receive training and opportunities in professional development, public speaking, networking, leadership and more
- Earn a small hourly wage and a great résumé builder
To apply, a student must be a full-time undergraduate student, admitted to the School of Public and Environmental Affairs. Strong candidates will have leadership experience and extensive involvement with SPEA student organizations and/or IU student clubs and activities.
Student ambassadors should have:
- Enthusiasm for and experience with SPEA organizations and programs
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- The ability to exercise professionalism and discretion in a variety of situations
- 1-5 hours a week to commit to the program, including time in their schedules to interact with prospective students and their families from 2 - 3 p.m. at least one day a week (Monday through Friday.)
- Applicants must submit an application
- Applications are pre-screened and top candidates will be invited to attend a networking event with current ambassadors.
- Finalists will be asked to make an individual presentation to a small group of staff and current ambassadors. Candidates will be given the topic in advance and provided with time to prepare a ten minute presentation.
Questions should be directed to the SPEA Undergraduate Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.