Student Ambassador Program
Do you find yourself explaining what SPEA is to your friends and family? Are you looking to gain professional experience, training and networks? Are you passionate about SPEA and want to share that enthusiasm with prospective and incoming students? Then you should be an Undergraduate Student Ambassador!
Students interested in learning more about the program should attend one of the call-out meetings in the SPEA Undergraduate Student Lounge on Tuesday, August 28th at 7:00 p.m. or Wednesday, August 29th at 6:00 p.m.
Student ambassadors will:
- Share their SPEA experience with prospective students and parents
- Assist in planning, publicizing, and hosting SPEA recruitment events
- Work closely with SPEA staff and faculty
- Receive training and opportunities in professional development, public speaking, networking, leadership and more
- Earn $500 per semester for a great résumé builder
To apply, a student must be a full-time undergraduate student, admitted to the School of Public and Environmental Affairs. Strong candidates will have leadership experience and extensive involvement with SPEA student organizations and/or IU student clubs and activities.
Student ambassadors should have:
- Enthusiasm for and experience with SPEA organizations and programs
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- The ability to exercise professionalism and discretion in a variety of situations
- 3-5 hours a week to commit to the program, including time in their schedules to interact with prospective students and their families Mondays, Thursdays and/or Fridays from 2 - 3 p.m.
- Applicants must submit an application by Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 5 p.m.
- Applications are pre-screened and top candidates will be invited to attend a networking event with faculty and staff on Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 5 p.m. in the Undergraduate Lounge. Dress for this event is business casual. Top candidates will be selected based on reviews of the faculty and staff attendees.
- Finalists will be asked to make an individual presentation the week of September 10th to a two-person panel of faculty and staff. Candidates will be given the topic in advance and provided with time to prepare a ten minute presentation.
- Ambassadors will be selected by the program coordinator and students will be notified via email by Friday, September 12, 2012 and will be requried to attend an Ambassadors meeting on Saturday, September 14, 2012.
Questions should be directed to Student Ambassador Program Coordinator Alex Luboff, at email@example.com.