Apply to Au.D. Program
Application Procedures for the AuD Program
The university deadline for admission to the fall semester is January 15 for US applicants. International applicants must apply through the Office of International Services and have an application deadline of January 1. We only consider applications for the spring and summer semesters under certain circumstances (e.g., transfer students and those who have completed previous AuD coursework). Please contact the coordinator of the AuD program, jjlentz @ indiana.edu (Dr Jennifer Lentz), if you would like to apply to a different semester or if you have specific questions regarding the application process.
Indiana University recommends that you apply on-line through the application portal. If you are unable to apply online, a paper application can be found on the same website.
The Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences requires the following to be included in your application:
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who are familiar with your ability to do scholarly work. With the online application, recommendation writers can submit their letters online.
- The application fee to be paid by credit card with online application
- A 300-500 word statement of purpose
- Two copies of an official transcript of all previous college and university work
- One official copy of GRE test scores.
Kimberly S. Elkins
Speech & Hearing Sciences
200 S. Jordan Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405-7002
(812) 855-5531 Fax
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited university in any one of several fields, including, but not restricted to, speech and hearing sciences, psychology, biology, physics, or engineering, with a GPA of at least 3.0
- Have taken the GRE. Admission is competitive and so the minimum GPA/GRE that provides for admission into the program varies from year to year.
AuD Admissions Statistics 2010-2012
|Year||Number of Applications||Number Admitted||GPA of Admitted students||Verbal GRE of Admitted students||Quantitative GRE of Admitted students||Number of students enrolled|
AuD Graduation for years 2009-2011
Number of graduates
|% degree completion||Median Praxis Score (Range)||Number of students taking Praxis||% Passing Praxis||Number of students employed 1 year after graduation||% Graduate students employed|