Atomic and Molecular Quantum Theory
Instructor: Srinivasan S. Iyengar
Welcome to C561
Instructor Officer hrs: Tuesday, Thuresday 11AM-12PM (Chemistry C202B)
AI: Cody Haycraft, Office hours: TBA
- The course will be conducted through detailed handouts.
- These notes are available below and make sure to bookmark
You are responsible for downloading these notes before you come to class.
Always check if an updated version is available.
- In addition the following reference books are useful and are on reserve in
the chemistry library.
- Modern Quantum Mechanics by J. J. Sakurai,
- Elements of Quantum Mechanics by Michael D. Fayer,
- Quantum Chemistry by Ira Levine,
- Quantum Mechanics by Cohen-Tannoudji.
- Homeworks: 20 points. Homeworks are an important portion of this class and you will have
homeworks every week. Homeworks are in the notes. You should read the notes carefully to make sure you do
not miss the homeworks. You are responsible for this. Homeworks are due every week, on
- Two mid-term exam: 20 points each
- Final exam (cumulative): 40 points
for class notes