Bloomington, Indiana, is located approximately 50 miles south of Indianapolis International Airport (IND).
Non U.S. citizens/residents traveling to the US to attend the Summer Workshop should check on visa requirements well in advance, and apply for a visa as early as possible, as visa wait times can range from several days to several months.
Arriving by air
Shuttles, limos, rental cars and taxis are available at Indianapolis International Airport. Rental companies are located inside the airport terminal on the ground level. Limousine and shuttle services to Bloomington operate out of the Ground Transportation Center.
Classic Touch Limousines, Inc.
Current rates for direct service to/from Bloomington area hotels are approx. $86 one way (for a shared ride). Ask for the IU Discount (10% discount) when booking. Reservations are necessary. Call (812) 339-7269 or (800) 319-0082 or book online .
GO Express Shuttle
Service every 2 hours to Bloomington. Stops at IU Willkie Dorm, and other area hotels. Current one way rate $20.00, round trip $40.00. Advance Reservations recommended. Book online or call (800) 589-6004 or (812) 332-6004.
Star of America Shuttle Service
Service every 2 hours to Bloomington. Stops at area hotels and IU McNutt dorm (several blocks from Willkie dorm, but does not stop directly at Willkie dorm). Current one way rate $18.00-$20.00, round trip $36.00-$40.00. Advance Reservations recommended. Book online.
Driving Instructions from Indianapolis International Airport
- Upon exiting the airport, follow signs to Ameriplex Pkwy.
- Follow Ameriplex Pkwy. to its end where it tees into IN-67. Turn right on IN-67S.
- After ~20 miles, Turn left onto IN-39 towards Martinsville.
- Turn slight right onto Morton Ave/IN-39. Merge on to IN-37 S towards Bloomington.
- Continue south on IN-37 to Bloomington. Take College Avenue exit towards Bloomington to reach downtown area hotels.
For directions from other locations to Bloomington click here.