NVivo Licensing Information
Current Version Information
NVivo embraces the collection of methods used by researchers to analyze extensive textual or other non-numerical data - conversational interviews, focus group transcripts, historical documents etc. These analysis methods remains largely manual today. These packages are ones of the few computer software products which can be used to enhance productivity and enable more thorough research in an area which is growing rapidly.
The current version, NVivo 7, in the result of merging the earlier software packages NUD*IST 6 and NVivo 2. NUD*IST and NVivo2 are no longer available.
- NVivo is available to Indiana University faculty, staff and students
- The right to use NVivo is based on a license that is renewed each year. You may use the package as long as the annual renewal fee is paid. If you decide not to renew, you will need to remove the program from your computer. UITS will install the software and maintain possession of the installation media.
- If reinstallation is necessary, UITS will reinstall the software.
Hardware and Software Requirements – minimum
- 1GHz Pentium III-compatible processor or faster
- 256MB RAM or more
- 800 x 600 screen resolution or higher
- Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 or later
- Approximately 700MB of available hard-disk space
Hardware and Software Requirements – recommended
- 1.6GHz Pentium III-compatible processor or faster
- 512MB RAM or more
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later
- Approximately 1GB of available hard-disk space
- Internet connection