There are different window types in MINITAB for Windows accessible from the Main menu Window option.
- Session window: The Session window displays the text output generated by your analyses and other work.
- Command Line Editor window:You can use the command language to create the output. To enable Command Line Editor, choose Command Line Editor from Edit menu.
- Project Manager windows: The Project Manager contains folders that allow you to navigate, view, and manipulate various parts of your project.
- Worksheet window: The Worksheet window displays your data in a row-by-column format. You enter data from the keyboard or retrieve data into this window.
- Help window: The Help window contains information on using MINITAB.
- Graph window: The Graph window displays high-resolution graphs by MINITAB's Graph command. This window becomes available only after you generate graphical output.
When you start a MINITAB session under Windows, the top strip of the window contains the main menus: File, Edit, Data, Calc, Stat, Graph, Editor, Tools, Window, Help, and Assistant.
These menus contain MINITAB commands. To use a menu, click on it, drag the pointer to the item you want to select, and release the mouse button. When you choose items on a menu followed by an ellipsis (...), dialog boxes appear. When you select items followed by symbol >, submenus with more commands appear. If a menu command is dimmed, the item is currently unavailable. Sometimes whole menus are dimmed, indicating that all the commands in the menu are unavailable. The contents of the Editor menu changes depending on the active window. You may want to examine the commands available from each menu for further information.
Help during MINITAB computing
Help is available at every step of MINITAB computing. Use the Help menu for help on any topic. Also context-sensitive help is available with each dialog box. If you don't understand what an item in a dialog box is for, click the Help button, or press F1 for an explanation of the item.
Next: Getting Started
Up: Table of Contents