- You need to install SPSS 20 first and then run the SPSS License Authorization Wizard to get the license code from SPSS Inc. SPSS InstallShield Wizard installs SPSS and launches the License Authorization Wizard after installation.
- The authorization code on the back of your CD envelope is needed when getting a license code.
- After the installation, you need to check if your SPSS is licensed correctly and if new SPSS patches are available.
- Installation and licensing guide for Windows machine, please click here.
SPSS 20 Installation for Mac
1. Log on to your computer with administrator privileges. Insert the DVD-ROM into the drive, doubleclick on the cd icon appeared on the screen, then doubleclick on the MacOSX folder.
3. Extracting files. This might take several minutes.
4. Doubleclick SPSS_Statistics_Installer.
5.Enter administrator's user name and password, and click OK.
6. Click OK.
7. Click Next.
8. Choose the Single user License radio button and click Next. The other two choices will cause license errors.
9. Choose I accept the terms in the license agreement radio button, and click Next.
10. Enter user name and organization in the boxes and click Next.
11. Click Next.
12. Click Next.
13. Click Install.
14. Installation will begin.
15.The InstallShield Wizard now completed SPSS installation. It is time to get the license code from SPSS Inc. If you wish to register now, make sure the Register product online is checked and then click Done. If not, de-select the Register for product updates and then click Done.
16. Check the License my product now (recommended) button and click Next to apply the license.
17. Type in the authorization code found on the back of the SPSS CD sleeve and click Next.
18. If you enter the correct authorization code, you will see the screen below. Then click Next .
19. When the licensing is completed, click Finish to exit.
Check Your License
After installation and license authorization, you need to double-check if your SPSS is licensed correctly.
20. Start SPSS 20.
21. Click Cancel.
22. In SPSS Data Editor window, make sure you see IBM SPSS Statistics Processor is ready on the very bottom.
23. To check your license expiration date, use File -> New -> Syntax to open SPSS Syntax Editor
24. In SPSS Syntax Editor type in show license. Do not omit the period at the end of the command.
25. Use Run -> All to run the command
26. The license information is shown in SPSS Viewer window. Note: Although the expiration date shown is 01-Aug, there is a 30 day grace period. The actual expiration date is 31-Aug.
If you have this output above, you are ready to use SPSS.