Avoid Walking Alone at Night
- Walk with a friend that lives close-by or stick to well-lit, populated areas if you must walk alone.
- If you have a roommate(s), let them know when to expect you home.
- You can also contact Safety Escort for a free ride home by calling (812) 855-SAFE or 812-855-7233, M-Th 8p-1:45a, F-Sat 8p-11:45p
Report Lighting Problems
Report lighting issues along your route home so city and campus street lighting can be improved. Campus lighting issues can be reported to Ron E. Porter at 855-9590 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bloomington city lights can be reported and requested here.
Best Routes On & Off Campus
- A 3.1 mile trail starting from Adams Street and ending at the north side of Country Club Drive
Clear Creek Trail
- A 2.4 mile trail stretching from Country Club Drive past Tapp Road to Church Lane. This connects with the Bloomington Rail Trail.
Bloomington Rail Trail
- A 2 mile trail connecting with the Clear Creek Trail
- Located at 3200 East Buick Cadillac Blvd with park hours open from 5a-11p, daily. The nature trail is .38 miles with interpretive signs detailing the history of the property.
IU Campus Map
- Provides a ‘Campus Pedestrian Safety’ Map that marks safe routes
- The Office of Parking Operations provides estimated walking times, walking resources and safety information
Calculate Your Walkscore
Find out just how walkable your current or future home is by visiting: