Where can I recycle my cell phone on campus?
- Take your broken or working cell phone to the eco cell bin in the IU Memorial Union.
I have recently upgraded my computer. Is there organization who can reuse my old computer:
- Yes! ServeIT is an IU School of Informatics's program that provides students with the opportunity to recondition electronics and make them available to local non-profit organizations. Goodwill Industries also refurbishes computers and sells them in their thrift stores.
I'm moving out of my residence hall this spring. Where can I dispose of working or non-working electronics I can't take with me?
- Put your electronics in the designated collection sites for the Hoosier to Hoosier Community Sale. Working electronics will be sold in August to students and community members who need them; non-working electronics will be responsibly recycled by H2H volunteers.
Where can I recycle my personal electronics in Monroe County?
Many entities now offer free electronics recycling services. Explore the links below for program details:
- The District - Monroe County Solid Waste Management District
- Best Buy
- Goodwill Industries
- Office Depot
Where can I recycle IU owned departmental electronics?
- IU owned electronics should be transferred to IU Surplus.
Who can I contact to discuss other sustainable computing issues?
- Just send an email to GreenIT@iu.edu to get in touch with the UITS Sustainability Coordinator.