Facilities | Production | Policies
It is the mission of the Department of Telecommunications to provide adequate resources to all students currently enrolled in a department credit course.
As a user, you are responsible for the following policies
- Facility hours are posted each semester. The lab has regularly schedule class time and independent time for completing class projects. For example, if the lab is scheduled to close at 11pm, that is the time the lab monitor locks the door, not the time for you to begin clearing your workspace.
- Food and drink are not allowed in any production space.
- Equipment can only be checked out for projects assigned by instructors in production classes. Some classes allow check out the entire semester and others have specific guidelines.
- Equipment can be reserved according to specific course time allotments. For example, some advanced courses allow two 4-hour reservations per week.
- Equipment check out and check in must be done by the person who signs the rental contract.
- Equipment can be checked out for 4 hours. Equipment can also be checked out overnight if it is picked up the last hour the lab is open and returned at the exact time the lab reopens the next day.
- If you are late in returning your equipment, your grade may be lowered for the class and you will lose your check out privileges.
- When returning equipment, make sure everything is clean and neat. For example, cables must be coiled correctly.
- A User shall not misrepresent themselves, or their intentions, to gain access to the equipment. This is a violation of the Student Code of Conduct [Part II/H.1, H.2, H.4]. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Assuming another person's identity, in whole or part, via deception or without authorization.
- Includes, but not limited to, using their Name, Email, Phone Number, University ID Card, University Network ID and/or Passphrase, or other personally-identifying information.
- Borrowing equipment for another student to use.
- Asking a student to borrow equipment on your behalf.
- Falsifying, or intentionally providing false, or deceptive, information for the Checkout Agreement.
- Studio 5 is only available during class or when your instructor can meet you outside of class.
- If you would like to use equipment for a purpose other than an assigned class project, a formal application must be submitted.
Contact John Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.