Facilities | Production Tools
The department boasts a healthy complement of production tools for the creation of electronic media programs. Tools and facillities are available to assist students in the creation of traditional and interactive media stories.
Studio 5 is a 2800 Square foot teaching studio (floor plan - PDF), located adjacent to WTIU's Studio 6. The studio was converted to a full high-definition (HD) in late 2006 and is one of a handful of teaching facilities in the entire country with this capability.
- Thompson LDK-4000 HD digital studio cameras
- 30-foot Jimmy Jib
- Grass Valley Kayak DD digital switcher
- Chyron Duet CG
- Digital disk recording and playback
- Full complement of studio equipment
A production workspace with equipment checkout and Macintosh workstations is available for class projects. This lab is open seven days a week and is conveniently located in the Radio-TV Building.
- HDV & DV camcorders & VTRs
- Full complement of lighting, audio and support equipment
- 36 Macintosh production stations
- Software includes: Final Cut Pro, Avid Xpress Pro, After Effects, Soundtrack Pro, Motion, DVD Studio Pro, Compressor, and Photoshop
- S-VHS linear editing systems
- 10 Digidesign ProTools workstations
- 16-track digital audio recording studio
- Minidisk recording
- Music and graphics elements libraries
In addition to the technology tools which the department supports, several university computer labs with multimedia resources are also available for classroom instruction and student projects. High end graphics computer labs, such as the DaVinci Lab, Fine Arts 215, support Macintosh and Silicon Graphics workstations with peripherals.