Dept. of Telecommunications.
Radio-TV Center, Room 350
(812) 856-2172 (Office)
(812) 332-1005 (Studio)
jarkraus 'at' indiana.edu
watch Jim's video introduction
Senior Lecturer, joined IU, 1999. M.S., Instructional Systems Technology, IU School of Education; B.A., Telecommunications, IU, A.S. Audio Technology, IU School of Music. Teaches TV studio production, video field and post-production, graphics and animation, and digital video cinematography courses. Additional specialty areas include audio design and production, lighting, DVD authoring, and motion graphics and compositing. Professional and research interests include Web development, documentary production, photography, HDTV technology, and music composition. His CD of guitar compositions, Madeleine Bay, can be found on iTunes. Professional experience includes 23 years of video production and two years as an audio engineer. Currently director of Tabletop Productions (www.ttop.com), a digital project studio serving corporate, broadcast and educational clientele. email@example.com; IU Office (812) 856-2172, Studio (812) 332-1005.
- T351 - TV Field & Post Production (Summer 2013)
- T351 - TV Field & Post-Production (Fall 2013) <-----------
- T354 - Program Graphics & Animation (Spring 2013)
- T356 - TV Studio Production (Fall 2013)<--------
- T436 - Digital Video Cinematography (Fall 2012)
- T498/T575 - "The Districts" (Old for reference only)
Examples of Student Work
- Interview/Feature story by Anton Goddard & Mark Galup
- Art Video by Carter Ross
- Art Video by Caz Tanner
- Art Video by Nick Chafin Best Imitation of Myself
- Art Video by Andrew Cambron
- Art Video by Graham Sheldon
- Storytelling example from Anton Goddard and Mark Galup
- CMF film festival winner: "Sparks"
- Studio 5 music: Jenn Cristy performing "Betty"
- Studio 5 music: Carrie Newcomer performing "Before and After"
- Studio 5 music: Salaam performing "Kashaniya"
Other Links & Resources
- Audio - Importing into Avid, FCP or After Effects.
- Avid Media Composer training/learning resources
- DSLR Production Resources:
- eTV article & presentation
- Final Cut Pro 7 - archiving with Media Manager
- Field Lighting Tips
- Floor Director Cues
- Jim's Graphic Lesson
- Jim's Graphic Tips
- Jim Krause - display poster (PDF 8 MB)
- Elkinsville documentary script
- Encounters with the Unexplained Shoot
- Friday Zone "Season of the Cicada" script (PDF)
- Friday Zone "Season of the Cicada" schedule/shot list (PDF)
- HDTV Article (PDF final draft #1)
- HDTV ppt
- Location release (sample from cybercollege)
- Log sheet (doc)
- Lynda.com IU Portal
- Model release #1
- Model release #2
- Michel Gondry Music Videos!
- NAB 2012 recap
- Production Opportunities
- Program Proposal - What is it?
- Treatment - Actual treatment and pitch/outline used for Elkinsville- Washed away by progress (pdf)
- Scripts (Jim's script overview)
- Service Learning Clients (Updated September 2013)
- Storyboard template #1 (4x3)
- Storyboard template #2 (4x3)
- Storyboard template #3 (16x9)
- Studio 5 Floorplan
- T600 Presentation (2013) / T600 Presentation (2010)
- Telecom Advanced Production Class Application