Fall 2013 Real-World & Service Learning Clients
Nothing provides a richer learning experience than working with an actual client. The people and organizations below would like
IU Telecom classes and students to produce videos for them.
T356 students - The following organizations would like to have 30 or 60-second public service announcements (PSAs) produced for them:
- LifeDesigns, Inc (formerly Options) Contact: Susan Rinne (srinne [at] lifedesignsinc.org) and Leslie Abshier (labshier [at] lifedesignsinc.org.
- Monroe County Safe Pharmaceutical Disposal Program, Lara Weaver, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawns for Life. The contact is Diane Jung, email@example.com
T351 Students - The following organizations would like longer, more in-depth videos:
- Monroe County United Ministries (MCUM) provides high-quality, affordable childcare to low-income families and emergency assistance to households in financial crisis. MCUM will celebrate its 75th anniversary in 2014, and they are hoping to create a 5-7 minute video in honor of this milestone. They'd like to incorporate interviews with a few key supporters (current & former board members, the executive director, etc.), footage from their emergency services and childcare programs, and images from MCUM’s history. The contact is Kate Zilvinskis ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) 827 West 14th Court
Bloomington, Indiana 47404
(812) 339-3429 x15
- "Getting it-Providing treatment to the mentally ill in Indiana" (working title) will focus on the impact suicide has on the families of victims and the hope of mandated outpatient treatment offered by Kendra's Law. Contact: Miriam Greenburg, mgermd@ gmail.com, (812) 723-5161 (please leave a message if not answered.).
- Herman B Wells Project - They need a number of fun, short videos of archival clips interspersed with music to help keep the memory and vision of Herman B Wells alive. See examples below. The videos would be made available through the website:
Contact: Brian Kearney, Gift Planning Director
Arthur M. Lotz Office for Alumni-Development
IU Maurer School of Law--Bloomington
- Indiana Diving Academy - They would like a cool promotional video, something similar to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoIhC0uTWlc . Contact: Justin Davis email@example.com (Camp Director),
Indiana Diving Academy,
Assembly Hall (317)-612-4737
- The Kinsey Institute is seeking videographers to produce short videos at and about the Institute staff and projects.
The goal is to substantially increase the offerings on the Kinsey Institute Youtube channel.
- “’Sex Toys:’ Novelty items from the Kinsey Institute collections”
- “Condom tips and techniques”
- “Meet the Kinsey Institute staff” (could be more than one)
- “Couples research: What’s sex got to do with it?”
- “Kinsey art gallery”
Other ideas will certainly pop up over the semester, and students can also propose their own. Contact: Jennifer Bass, 812-855-3037 & firstname.lastname@example.org .
T351 and T356 students: The contacts at the Service-Learning Program are:
- Nicole Schönemann - email@example.com
- Andrew Libby - firstname.lastname@example.org
Area 10 Agency on Aging - The Veterans History Project. They have recorded interviews with vets. The interviews need to be cleaned up for submission to the Library of Congress. The contact is Rebecca Nunley. She is the Director of the RSVP 55+ Volunteer Program
Area 10 Agency on Aging
631 W. Edgewood Dr.
Ellettsville, IN 47429
(812) 876-3383 ext. 523
Up to Jim Krause's home page