T351 Camera Practice Test Procedure
Working in groups of four, each should perform these tasks:
- Set up tripod & level the legs. If it has one, adjust the ball
head to make it level.
- Attach camera plate to camera
- Attach camera plate to tripod & make sure camera is secure.
- Put battery in camera
- Power camera
- Set the format (DV or HDV)
- If using standard definition (DV), select 4x3 or 16x9 from menu
- Inset blank tape into deck
- Set time code to 01:00:00:00
- Record 30 seconds of color bars
- Switch input to camera
- Check all switches for proper position. (Gain at 0, shutter off etc.)
- Set WB filter to proper setting (A/B/Preset)
- White balance under the proper lighting conditions if you are using
A or B
- Have your partner stand 6-8 feet in front of camera. Record them talking
for 20 seconds.
- Rotate with your partners
- Playback tape and check your work. How do your shots look? Could
you hear the audio? Did you set the time code properly?
- When you have completed these steps you may continue on with the
field shoot exercise.
Back to Jim Krause's T351 Home Page