T351 Art Video
Your T351 Art Video Project will be a production of your own creation and design that highlights some form of visual artistic expression. Examples include:
- Thematic montage - Artful images shot to match a piece of music. It's also possible to use existing still images (family photos, vacation pictures, etc). However if you use stills, they must be skillfully animated (eg pan and scan) within the editing program.
- Record a favorite poem being read. Set it to music with accompanying images
- Dancer performing a short piece (artfully shot and blocked of course)
- A musician performing a song or playing a piece (ditto)
- Music video - Anything goes!
Important note: For class purposes, you can use any music you'd like. However, if you want to submit it to MultiVisions, you must use music you can get clearance for.
It should be no less than 2.5 minutes and no longer than 4.
Except for what's mentioned here, there are no set criteria for the project. However you must have a plan, in the form of a proposal and a detailed treatment. (Scripts and storybaords are optional and can be turned in with pre-production work for brownie points.)
The Art Video is worth 50 points of your 500 point class total, which will be broken down as follows:
10 points: Pre-production & presentation (program proposal, treatment, and a script or storyboard)
35 Production (shooting, editing)
5 points: Final Critique
All your materials (excluding footage logs) should be typed and neatly presented.
Up to Jim Krause's Home Page