T351 Art Video
Your T351 Art Video Project will be a production of your own creation
and design that highlights some form of visual artistic expression.
- Thematic montage - Artful images shot to match
a piece of music. It's also possible to use existing still images (family
photos, vacation pictures, etc). However if you use stills, they
must be skillfully animated
(eg pan and scan) within the editing program.
- Record a favorite poem being read. Set it to music with accompanying
- Dancer performing a short piece (artfully shot and blocked
- A musician performing a song or playing a piece (ditto)
- Music video - Anything goes!
Important note: For
class purposes, you can use any music you'd like. However,
if you want to submit it to MultiVisions, you must use music you
can get clearance for.
It should be no less than 2.5 minutes and
no longer than 4.
Except for what's mentioned here, there are no set criteria for the
project. However you must have a plan, in the form of a proposal and a treatment. In addition you will need to provide an artistic statement that explains your approach to your work.
Before you shoot any footage, you should have an approved program proposal and a detailed treatment. (Scripts and storyboards are optional and can be turned in with pre-production work for brownie points.) The artistic statement can be turned in along with your completed piece.
The Art Video is worth 50 points of your 500 point class total,
which will be broken down as follows:
- 10 points: Pre-production (program proposal, treatment,
and an artistic statement)
- 35 Production (shooting, editing)
- 5 points: Final Critique
All your materials (excluding footage logs) should be typed and neatly
Back to Jim Krause's T351 Home Page