T351 Week 3 - Spring 2013
Note: Due to MLK Day, there is no lecture this week, however there are readings and we will have labs.
Be sure to have made it through the readings: cybercollege units 50 through 57, and units 15 & 16.
Lab this week
- Avid Media Composer overview
- Edit Storyboard
/ Continuity sequence - Don't forget to write a one-page
(minimum) critique. The critique is worth 5 points and due in lab next week.
- Please make sure you edit on your assigned computer. You should have made a folder called "Avid MediaFiles" at the top/root level on your T351 Wednesday or T351 Friday drive. Be sure you always import your footage to this specific drive.
- Lab this week: FCP Overview/refesher. exercises. You should have your footage
logged and checked before lab. You may want to find some fitting
music or SFX to use as well before lab. Near the end of lab we'll look
at the storyboard/action sequences.
Oututting & turning in your Storyboard / Action Sequences:
Output an HD-sized (1920 x 1080), self-contained Quicktime Movie.
- Be sure not to
include color bars, countdown and a slate. (I recommend setting an in point at the beginning just before you fade up from black and an out point at the end right after it fades to black. Once you've set an in and out point choose file -> export -> Quicktime Movie
- Be sure it starts in black and ends in black.
- Be sure to name
the movie after your login name or IU id. (jarkraus.mov for example)
- Place your edited, self-contained Quicktime Movie, in the T351 Dropbox.
Back to Jim Krause's T351 Home Page