T436 Editing Notes
Overview: This semester we're going to use Apple's ProRes HQ codec to assemble our show. (1080i 29.97) It's important that all editors use the "T436" preset (found under the HD/Easy Setups) in both Booth 1 and Booth 2.
Here are some guidelines for editors:
To start your project:
- Look for the T436 drive/volume. This should automatically load onto the desktop of booth 1 and 2. This is where T436 projects should be stored.
- Make a folder within the T436 media folder called your login name.
- Make another folder inside of your folder called the project name. (You will set your scratch drive to use this folder.)
- Make a new FCP project file called the title of the show (or something obvious).
- Choose the "T436" easy setup
- Set the scratch drive to be your folder inside of the T436 folder.
- Save your project into your folder in the T436 folder.
- You might want to make additional folders inside of your main project folder in order to store the various types of media elements you will be using (graphics, audio, etc.).
Whenever you sit down to FCP always:
- Close any project that is open (FCP automatically opens the last project(s).
- Open your project and reset the scratch drive.
- Check to make sure your have the "T436" Preset as your Easy Setup, which specifices the Apple ProRes codec at 1920 x 1080, 60i (29.97).
Back to the T436 Home Page