T436 - Cinema Techniques Lesson
Write a 3-4 page paper that teaches an aspect of cinematography from the readings and prepare a brief (E.g. 10 minute) corresponding oral report. You can pick any aspect or element from the assigned chapter. You can use a scene or two (E.g. from a DVD) to help illustrate your point.
will turn in your paper and present your report on the scheduled day.
Be sure to bring
in the DVD so you can show a clip for the report portion.
Tip: Be sure to let the class/instructor know what to look for before viewing the clip. (We likely only have time to watch a scene once.)
- (Wed 9/5) Ole - Chapter 2 - Shooting Methods
- (Mon 9/10) Mark - Chapter 3 - Visual Language
- (Wed 9/12) Brian - Chapter 4 - Language of the Lens
- (Mon 9/17) Evan - Chapter 5 - Visual Storytelling
- (Wed 9/19) Eumi - Chapter 6 - Cinematic Continuity
- (Mon 9/24) Sahar - Chapter 7 - Lighting Basics
- (Wed 9/26) Kellie - Chapter 8 - Lighting Sources
- (Mon 10/1) Eric - Chapter 9 - HD Cinematography
- (Wed 10/3) Russell - Chapter 10 - Exposure
- (Mon 10/8) Kate - Chapter 11 - Camera Movement
- (Wed 10/10) Carter - Chapter 12 - Color
- (Mon 10/15) Dan - Chapter 13 - Image Control
- (Wed 10/17) Chapter 14 - Optics and Focus
Back to the T436 Home Page